What can and what can not be heated in the microwave
To quickly check if your plate or bowl for microwave is suitable, pour water into it and put inside. Turn the oven for the maximum power for one minute. If the water was heated. everything is in order, if dishes. it is not intended for a microwave oven.
It is forbidden
- Metal dishes, including tin cans. Material does not miss microwaves, and reflects Why Can’t We Put Metal Objects in A Microwave? / Mit School of Engineering them. When heated in the oven, metal dishes can be spoken, and this is fraught with fire. For the same reason, it is impossible to use plates with gilding.
- Disposable containers. These include packaging in which selling food, plastic cups, jars from yogurt and other products. They are not intended for high temperatures and in the microwave may well melt. Even if this does not occur, when heated from them, Styrene / Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry / U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Harmful Chemicals.
- Crystal. In its composition Crystal / Gus-Hrustal.RU is metals, and they are contraindicated for microwave.
- Aluminium foil. She just lights up.
- Paper bags. First, they can also catch fire. Second, glue, paint and other materials in the composition of the package when heated can become source of toxic evaporation.
- Plastic dishes. It causes the most disputes. There are concerns that even when heating those types of plastic, which are approved for use in the microwave, carcinogenic substances are distinguished. Although scientists argue Questions Answers on Bisphenol A (BPA) Use in Food Contact Applications / U.S. Food Drug Administration. that harm from storing products in plastic containers is insignificant, it is better to reinforce and warm up food in a glass dishes. And for sure it is not worth putting in the microwave old deformed or cracked plastic containers.
- Food film. It causes concerns for the same reasons. Therefore, if you want to cover her dishes in the microwave, watch it not touching food.
What kind of dishes can not be put in the microwave
Here is a list of dishes, which cannot be used in the microwave:
- Iron utensils, even if it is covered with enamel, and even more so. if such dishes have no enamelled coating. Aluminum and copper also belong to prohibited. Metal walls are impenetrable for radiation, so the microwave warms the dishes, and not food. Metal tableware causes the formation of sparks and breakdowns of the microwave.
- Capacity from the fire and glass with a gold rim or pattern. Even if the pattern bears from time, the remnants still start to spoke. In the paint of matte color also contains metal particles, so it is better to use not painted with dishes.
- Cookware with cracks. In the dishes from the Faorara, Fayans, glass with defects in the form of cracks and chipping of the high probability of destruction when heating or removing from the chamber.
- Disposable tableware from the wax cardboard is undesirable, since the melted wax falls into the food. Cooked with such an additive meal is unlikely to want to eat households.
- Products from crystal contain particles of metals, and have the walls of uneven thickness. So if a crystal glass put in the microwave it will turn into a bunch of fragments.
- Slim glass will not withstand high temperatures and falls out right in the chamber.
- Polyethylene thin film will melt, and if you warm in thick packaging will add a specific smell.
- Tableware with elements or entirely of the tree heats up with the formation of cracks and coats at high temperatures.
- Cheap varieties of plastic and varieties that do not stand high temperatures.
- Capacity from polyvinyl chloride (PVC) and polystyrene. Only polypropylene (PP) suitable for use in the microwave.
- PETE (PET). polyethylene terephthalate, icon number 1. Cannot be used in microwave.
- HDPE (HDPE). high density polyethylene, number 2 icon. safe for food, but it is impossible to use in the microwave.
- PP (PP). polypropylene, icon number 5. safe for food, can be used in a microwave oven!
The utensils in the microwave should not be closed with dense lids and film. it is fraught with an explosion. You should use special lids or film with holes.
What can not be warm in the microwave oven
The microwave does not represent any danger to life and human health, which cannot be said about the dishes, which is used for warming up, defrosting or cooking. Therefore, before sending a favorite plate, a saucepan or a glass into the oven, you need to ask if it is worth it:. It may be that the dishes are simply incompatible with this technique.
Plastic with waxing can not be warm, because when heated poisonous substances are distinguished. And if you reap the food longer than it follows, that is, the risk of extracting not only poisoned food, but also the molten container.
Plates with gilding
Plates with gilding are not suitable. Dishes with a metal or gold pattern, whether it is a cup or a plate, when sending to a microwave oven, can be sprinkled and provoked overheating utensils, which can lead to ignition.
Using such a container, there is a risk to break the main element of the oven, the warranty repair is not subject to such a breakdown.
The composition of the fire products includes lead. It is because of the presence of this metal, no doubt, the dishes are becoming more durable and elegant, but for the same reason the product from the pharase is unsuitable for use in the microwave oven.
Metal tableware in the microwave, no matter, in its pure form or in the composition of the alloy there is an iron. taboo for such equipment. She is able to completely remove the device.
In the manufacture of crystal in the glass alloy, lead is added, zinc or silver. The presence of metal particles causes premature warming up and provokes an explosion.
Crystal products will not suit the microwave.
How the tree reacts
Wood and fire, as you know, are incompatible things. precisely, compatible, but not in this situation. There is no fire in the microwave oven, but from large heating, wooden tableware is simply charred. Therefore, it is better to believe in lovers of extremes and experimenters to the word, it is not worth checking.
Cardboard cups are not suitable for the furnace, but the foam plastic is allowed, only you need to pre-wrap them into parchment paper. Silician dishes with ease melting. This material is not always distinguished by quality, so it is better to shift food to a plate, and after sending for warming up.
Cookware that can be used in the microwave
In order for the cooking process in the microwave oven to be high-quality and safe, it is worth getting a special dishes.
When choosing a package, it is worth considering not only the material from which it is made, but also material drawing.
Heat resistant glass is allowed to use in microwave. Tight glass utensils perfectly fit for, defrosting, and for heating. Such glass has refractory properties and thick walls. The transparency of the material allows you to monitor the process without opening the door.
The main thing is that the glass dishes are sent to the microwave stove did not have a slot or cracked.
Clay utensils meets the requirements for use in a microwave oven. But under one condition: products must be covered with icing from all sides. On the glaze it is easier to notice the presence of cracks and chips.
Faiance utensils can be used to heat meals. Better, if it is equipped with thick walls, monophonic color and absence of damage.
Tight ceramics. Ceramic containers are quite suitable for use, but they should not be patterns.Especially good to use popular products from thick ceramics.
But, such dishes does not make sudden temperature differences, for this reason it is not necessary to put a cold ceramic container in a preheated cabinet.
All the same as ceramics applies to fire products. Faor is suitable for use in microwave, only if there is a glazed coating on it. Otherwise use it is not worth it.
Plastic for microwave. Plastic is only suitable in order to warm up food. The container must be a special labeling. The product must withstand up to 140 degrees. However, you should not blindly trust the labels.
It is worth buying reliable manufacturers. If there is no label and is not at all, such dishes, as it is already known, it is impossible to use.
Plastic film, like cellophane packages, are quite suitable for microwave. So that the film does not break from the inside during the heating process, it is necessary before sending the crust to the oven, punch the film in several places.
Such disposable packages from dense cardboard, parchment paper are allowed for use in microwave, however it is worth knowing that these things impregnated with wax in the heating process make food unsuitable for use.
Cooking in microwave: how to choose dishes?
Many stoves have the “Grill” and “Convection” regimes. You can prepare on these modes only in dishwasher from refractory (heat-resistant) glass, ceramics, silicone.
First dishes and vegetables should be placed in a glass saucepan. Instead of the lid it is better to use a film with holes for steam out.
Silicone molds are invented for baking. They are not afraid of temperatures, do not distinguish toxins when heated. Baking from them easily laid out on the dish.
Cutlets, Omelet evenly get along the capacity for two centimeters above the product level. Paste meat dishes optimally prepare on a man of tempered glass. It will adhere to the “convection-grill” mode, optimal for baking.
When selecting dishes for microwaves, rely on the dimensions of the technique. For a 15-liter furnace, dishes should be up to 1500 ml (1.5 liters).
The height of the side of the container should be on a centimeter-one and a half more content height. For liquid dishes, a plate may be higher for 2 cm. Too deep tank will increase the heating time, which will affect the meter readings.
The pot will also go
Loyalty to microwaves is different and a large family of ceramic dishes (red clay), a firehouse (white clay), fauins (clay with the addition of gypsum). It can be included in the list allowed to use in microwave ovens, but with some reservations.
To begin, it is still worth conducting a test: Currently, various compounds are introduced into the clay, which improve the quality and appearance of the dishes, but can change the properties of the material, reducing its ability to skip the waves. It is undesirable to use products having chips, cracks, since these defects can lead to splitting due to overheating accumulated in them when moisture washing.
In the furnace you can use the same ceramics that we apply in the oven. dishes, pots, skewers, territories (rectangular containers with lids), tagging (molds with cone-shaped lids), provided that they will fit in the chamber.
What’s The Deal With Metal In The Microwave?
You can also cook and warm up in serving dishes, giving preference simple in shape and round products.
Such dishes, especially thick-walled, is well kept warm and therefore, ready-made dishes are not cooled longer. Since the surface of the products can have many micropores, moisturize the containers before booking products is not worth.
Despite the simplicity and safety of cooking in a microwave, anything can happen. Microwaves do not tolerate some products, such as, for example, chicken egg, or materials such as metal or foil. Most often, the cause of the breakdown is the choice of poor-quality dishes. Our edition reminds some rules for using microwave ovens:
- First of all, give up glass-based dishes, with drawings and metal kaymami. These components are able to damage the device.
- Use an exceptionally dry container.
- Place the dishes so that it is right in the center of the microwave.
- To guarantee the internal purity of the device, it is better to use closed dishes.
To check whether the dishes are suitable for a microwave oven, place the water container inside it. After heating, check the temperature of the dishes if it is hot, it means that it cannot be used for the microwave oven.
Heat in foil in the microwave is unacceptable, so do not practice such a cooking.
Tableware for the microwave
How to find out which utensils are suitable for microwave and oven? There is a definite marking. Suitable for MikroWare. Such an inscription indicates that the dishes are intended for microwave.
There are dishes without labeling, but it seems quite suitable for microwave. Such dishes need to test and learn whether it is suitable for use or not.