The rules of operation of the freezer
The purchase of a household freezer is due to the need to store a large number of products. The effectiveness of the device depends on compliance with the rules of instructions regarding its inclusion, operation, choice of placement. In our article you will find answers to these questions, and also learn how the device is functioning, is it possible to keep it on the balcony and use as a refrigerator.
Before placing the unit, you need to familiarize yourself with the instruction that contains some requirements for the place of its installation:
- The air gap between the rear, the side walls of the housing and the partition of the kitchen headset (built-in equipment) or the wall (the detached device) must be at least 5 cm;
- The distance from the floor to the nose of the freezer. 5-8 cm (regulated by lining the legs). In the same way, with the help of the level, exclude the disk of the device;
- Installation under the cooking surface is prohibited;
- The unit is placed at a distance of at least 30-50 cm from the radiator, gas stove and other heating devices;
- The room temperature must comply with the climatic class of the unit;
- Exclude direct sunlight on refrigeration equipment.
Before turning on to the power grid, make sure that the network voltage and the freezer correspond to. In the absence of a grounding outlet, contact a specialist, otherwise the manufacturer is not responsible for the consequences.
Attention! It is forbidden to use the extension, if the cord of the device does not reach the outlet. If the unit can not be closer, then the only correct solution will be the transfer of a stationary installed electrical network connector.
The first connection of the aggregate is carried out after 6 h. His stay at room temperature. Pre-wipe the inner surface with warm water with the addition of vinegar or soda solution. It will help eliminate the unpleasant smell of new technique. Moisture remnants remove with a clean dry cloth.
Is it possible to put a freezer on the balcony in winter
The microclimate of the balcony depends not only the possibility of placing a freezer chamber there, but also the effectiveness of its work, durability. The balconies, of course, are all different, but according to the degree of landscaping and the relevant conditions they can be divided into:
Balcony without glazing and insulation
An open balcony is a sharp drops of temperatures in the offseason, their low indicators in winter, as well as lack of obstacles for precipitation and sunlight. All this is fraught with negative consequences:
- Drying and deformation of seals, which does not allow the door to close quite tight.
- Risk of short circuit.
- Corrosion of metal details of the device.
- Violation of the work of the management board.
- Yellowing, cracking and swelling of decorative coverage.
- Increased compressor load.
Corrosion process on the surface of the evaporator
Place the freezer on an open balcony is strictly prohibited!
Glazed balcony without additional insulation
The presence of glazing on the balcony is a reliable protection of a household electrical appliance installed there from atmospheric phenomena. However, even the so-called “warm” structures (two-chamber double-glazed windows with a multi-chamber PVC profile) do not allow to compose the temperature of the balcony and adjacent room. It will only be slightly higher than on the street. Are such conditions for installing freezing in winter?
In most cases, the operating temperature inside it is.18 ° C. Automation is put on to start the device at ambient temperature by 2-3 degrees above. That is, theoretically, at.15 ° C, the freezer should function. But! When the device is turned on in such conditions, the compressor will experience colossal loads.
Can You Cool Your House with a Refrigerator?
- First, low temperatures contribute to the thickening of the oil on which it works.
- Secondly, at the stage of freon exit from the capacitor drops pressure. It stops the circulation of the refrigerant and leads to the “idle” motion of the compressor. The result can be a quick breakage of this detail.
note! If the freezer turned off almost immediately after the inclusion, the temperature mode was probably not met.
Another argument “against” operation of the freezer on a glazed, but not insulated balcony. sharp differences of night and daytime temperatures in the offseason. For reliable and efficient operation of the device, the stability of ambient temperature is important. Otherwise, you risk to encounter such an undesirable phenomenon as condensate education.
Glazed and insulated balcony
The glazed balcony with additional thermal insulation of the walls, floor and ceiling. the only correct option for the installation of the freezer in this room. In this case, the device is operated with a stable air temperature, almost equal values in residential rooms. It also does not have a negative impact of precipitation.
It will take care only about high-quality ventilation of the room warning overheating, the formation of condensation, and the protection of the product from the sun rays. To solve the first question, install the window or wall trimming valve, air conditioning. Curtains will be helped to solve the second task.
However, an important point, even if there is a suitable microclimate indoors, is the correct selection of the freezer and its installation.
In what cases is allowed to install a refrigerator on the balcony
So that the balcony installation of the refrigerator did not lead to serious consequences, you can try to use one of the following advice:
If the balcony is insulated and install the radiator, the refrigerator can be used as usual. Given the fact that for the normal operation of the household device, a sufficiently small positive temperature of the whole winter season is enough to create conditions for the operation of the device, it suffices to install an electric warm floor on the loggia.
Another option to place a household appliance in the unheated room. disable the device for the winter period. Product storage at a negative temperature can be carried out without connecting the refrigerator to the electrical network. If the temperature rises for a long time above 10 ° C, then in this case it will be necessary to turn on the refrigerator to store perishable products, but if the temperature drops again, the device will need to turn off again.
When the summer comes, it will be necessary to protect the room from the penetration of sun rays, otherwise the refrigerator will fail due to the frequently included compressor.
The new refrigerator does not freeze and does not cool
You installed the device in place, according to the instructions. The refrigerator stood 12 hours. included in the network, the indicator is on, and the compressor does not work. Motor may not start if in the line reduced voltage. Normal consider 200-240 V. The indicator light is burning dimly, heard the hum, and the compressor does not start. turn on the device through the stabilizer.
The indicator on the refrigerator does not burn. check the maintenance of the network. Rosette can be checked by connecting another device. With an open door in the refrigerator there is lighting. you need to check the health of the compressor thermal. Motor turns on and immediately turns off with a click. the reason lies in a faulty starter relay or closure in the engine windings.
If the compressor works, but the absence of refrigerant may be in the chambers. In this case, the motor will work, and the condenser, fixed in the form of a lattice above the compressor remains cold. All malfunctions in the heat removal circuit during the warranty period are eliminated by the masters of the service center.
The new refrigerator without stopper works in many hours, cooling the camera. At the same time, the noise can be elevated, as the parts are soldered. The murmur and bouffagon are not a sign of breakage if the cold in the chamber is injected. Vibration and rattling eliminate fasteners, properly installed apparatus.
At the time of start-up, the thermostat is set up average temperatures. In the first day you can not pay attention to emergency signals. “Smart” system notifies about the deviations from the regime.
Prevention of possible troubleshooting
Sometimes the owners have to temporarily store refrigeration devices in garages or dachas due to the fact that there is no place in the apartment. To avoid breakdowns, you must comply with the following simple rules:
- Before shipping to store thoroughly wash and dry the unit.
- Follow the humidity in the room. it should not exceed the norms.
- If there are broken nodes or spare parts, they should be replaced.
- Regularly carry out maintenance of the refrigerator.
- So that the appearance is not spoiled, apply special protective equipment on the surface.
- Timely remove signs of rust.
- If there is a chemical smell inside the unit, then it is impossible to operate it.
If there is no sharp need to leave the refrigerator in the cold, then it is better not to do this. Most models are not capable of working at low temperatures. If there is no other way to store an aggregate, then there are easy recommendations from specialists to maintain health and extend life.
Storage of the disconnected refrigerator
The cold has a significant effect on the refrigerator, as well as all household electronic devices. As a result of the effects of low temperatures on components, a significant load is created, the properties of many materials are loss (for example, rubber from a seal or paintwork), resulting in different destructive processes, significantly accelerating the wear of equipment. About what can threaten, and how to avoid it. in the material further.
Impact on details
At minus temperature with the most important elements of the refrigerator (in the on and off state), the following processes occur.
- The thermostat in the off state is practically not affected by the effects of temperatures. In working condition, it must apply the compressor signals to turn on and off, as soon as the temperature inside the refrigerator will reach 5 ° C (or other value set by the user). Thus, on the frost of the thermosle, it simply does not give the compressor to the start command, and the refrigerator will not work.
- Butter. Different types of oils behave in different ways, but over time, each of them thickens, if you hold the device for a long time in the cold.
- Freon. If the refrigerator is turned off, nothing happens to the gas. But if the technique is included, then with the most likely freon will not be able to get out of the condenser, because pressure drops in the pipes in the cold.
- The evaporator in the cold is frozen and covered with ice. It negatively affects the work of technology, especially on refrigerators with the NO Frost system.
- Seal. Rubber is not designed for low temperature ranges, so it cracks and becomes more rigid in the cold.
- Boards and conductors. Moisture formed at low temperatures has a negative effect on electronic components. it leads to the appearance of corrosion and failure of these elements. In some cases, there is a short circuit leading to the burnout of the nodes.
- Protective coating and paint are destroyed at low temperatures, which is why the refrigerator rust.
If you comply with the storage conditions of the disabled device, it is not possible, and the owner of the equipment is forced to leave the refrigerator or freezer to winter in the unheated room, it is necessary to perform a number of simple actions to prevent the unit output. First, you should read the instructions to find out at what temperature it is permissible to operate a specific model.
Important! If you failed to find information about the acceptable temperature mode in the user’s manual, then disconnect the refrigerator from the network, as soon as it becomes colder than 5 ° C. Work at lower temperature values will result in significant device wear.
First of all, it is necessary to extract products from the refrigerator, wash it out and prepare for storage. Then you need to transport the device in such a place where the rays of the sun and precipitate will not fall on it. And so that condensate does not fall on the unit, it is necessary to cover it with a dense cloth or film. During the storage of the refrigerator in the unheated room, it should not be touched: to move, open the doors (possibly damage to the seal), include in the network. So, following these simple recommendations, you can provide the optimal storage conditions in an unfavorable environment.
Operation after exposure to low temperatures
After storing in a cold room for a long time, the refrigerator must be prepared for operation. First, the technique must be carefully dried before turning on, as the moisture inside the device can lead to a short circuit. Secondly, the unit should warm up high quality. To do this, you must transfer it to the room with a temperature above 10 ° C and leave for several hours, and better. for a day.
Important! And only after the device is dried and warmed, it can be examined for external damage. If visible defects are not detected, the refrigerator is included in the network.
The user needs to take into account that after storing technology in unsuitable conditions, some nodes may fail. So, if the refrigerator is used at higher or low temperatures than it is allowed by the manufacturer’s guidelines, it is primarily a significant load on the compressor that quickly breaks. If this node fails, the refrigerator begins to continuously work, but do not freeze. A second option is possible. the device will turn on and immediately disconnect.
If the device turns on and immediately turns off, or it freezes only one of two compartments, this indicates the failure of the control unit. This situation can happen if the technique works or is located in a room with high humidity. In this case, contacts are oxidized, and a short circuit may occur.
When moisture gets into the place where the temperature sensor is installed, this node may break. A number of symptoms are evidenced by such a malfunction: the technique does not turn on or will not turn off, in one of the cameras or immediately in both too high or low temperatures. About the breakdown can also report code on the screen or flashing the corresponding indicator.
During the formation of condensate, the defrost sensor may break. This will notify the warning signal and error code, deposit in the freezer device with a self-sinking system, as well as a number of other signs.
Another popular malfunction, characteristic of refrigerators, wintering or working at low temperatures, is a fascinated seal. It flies due to moisture from entering or straight rays of the sun.
How to store a refrigerator in an unheated room
There are situations in which the necessary conditions for the electrical appliance simply fails. It can be refrigerators in country houses, where no one lives in winter. Lack of place in the apartment when the refrigerator has to exhibit on loggias or balconies.
Therefore, if you avoid this situation does not receive, you need to reduce the negative effect as much as possible:
- Instruction. Few people like to read such books, but it is there that contains information about the correct operation and storing exactly your model of the refrigerator. If the instruction was lost, it can be free on the Internet.
- If the manufacturer does not specify the lower temperature limit, it is desirable to turn off the device as soon as the temperature on the street drops below 5 0 s. Work at lower temperatures leads to premature wear.
- From the refrigerator turned off, you need to get products, and wash the chamber and wipe dry. Using the refrigerator in winter instead of the cabinet will lead to the wear of the seal.
Important: “You can not store a refrigerator under the right sunlight and on open areas under the snow and rain”.
Observing these uncomplicated rules, it is possible to significantly extend the service life of the refrigerator even in the most unfavorable conditions.
How to extend the life of the refrigerator
Storage of the refrigerator in the cold or in the unheated room from the season for the season reduces its operational qualities. To extend the life of such an electrical appliance, it is necessary to take a number of preventive measures:
- place an assembly indoor with low humidity;
- ensure the protection of household appliances from the influence of the Sun;
- Perform a periodic maintenance and on time to replace refusing or flounding parts;
- follow the presence of chip. If there are chips on the case, you need to clean them, degrease and paint with special paint. This will help to avoid the appearance of rust.
- Follow the lack of excess moisture for fruit boxes. about how to get rid of this problem we found out in the article why water accumulates in the boxes for vegetables and fruits?
Stop exploitation when foreign chemical odors appear.