Benefits of material
Cast iron has a number of indisputable advantages:
- High efficiency. In the cast iron, it reaches 80-85%, it is the highest indicator compared to brick and metal, it is achieved at the expense of a large heat capacity. this material gives heat for a few hours longer.
- Protection against deformation. Cast iron has a low expansion rate when exposed to high temperatures.
- Protection against damage. The type of manufacture of parts made of cast iron does not provide welding seams that are weak places of steel furnaces.
- Corrosion resistance. The cast iron does not suffer from rust, condensate, does not oxidize combustion products, which protects the walls of the cooler chamber from exercise, this metal does not require protective coatings.
- Long service life. Cast iron furnaces have an active period of use of at least 35 years (and in some cases and significantly longer).
Attention! It includes the disadvantages of cast iron.
Features of operation
It should be borne in mind that the installation of the cast-iron furnace-fireplace should be made on a specially equipped space indoor. The surface of the installation should be non-flammable, and the location itself should be at a high distance from flammable items. furniture, carpets, curtains and curtains. It is also important to correctly calculate the installation of the chimney. All adjacent overlaps and surfaces must have a heat insulating layer corresponding to fire safety standards.
Online store Utunoff offers to your attention a wide range of cast iron furnaces, consisting of popular models from reliable brands. All furnaces have been certified, have a guarantee of operation and can be delivered to anywhere in Russia!
Cast iron furnaces are characterized by good heat capacity. Although the cast iron is heated longer than steel, but it gives much more heat for a long time interval. This property of pig-iron furnaces is great helps in the heating season when the fuel consumption is important and constant heating.
Features of cast iron
Cast iron itself is a durable and durable material. Manufacturers take into account the needs of the final buyer, so they produce the models of their cast iron, due to its properties. Cast iron has a much greater heat capacity compared to steel, which is an important criterion when choosing a furnace. The heating occurs not so fast, but the oven can give much more heat to the room. It is worth noting that cast-iron furnaces weigh more than steel, but usually it does not imply any work on strengthening the flooring of the room and the foundation.
The cast iron is able to hold heat for a long time, which allows the oven how much longer maintain the temperature in the room, and the consumption of firewood decreases. Fuel consumption is especially important in the protracted heating season, given that it is always due to additional costs.
External design of pig-iron furnaces is usually sustained in strict style and close to the classic interior. But for lovers of modern design, manufacturers also offer High-tech options for fashionable interiors for every taste. You can choose a furnace suitable for your interior and achieve the necessary combination of styles, along with the practicality of the heating of the room.
Wood iron stoves for long burning for daches and house heating
Quite often, people permanently residing in large and densely populated cities, think about the acquisition of a small house on the outskirts that could be a cozy recreation corner. In the summer, there are no problems with him, but in winter it is necessary to ensure the heating of the room. As a rule, for this purpose they choose wood cast iron furnaces of long burning for cottages. They help heat the room, have compact sizes and an acceptable cost.
The cast-iron durable burning furnace must correspond to several parameters that will make it an indispensable assistant person in the country. The main criteria are considered the following:
- one. The design must have compact sizes, because the country’s cotton house is usually small. Installing a bulky structure only aggravates the situation.
- 2. To heat the furnace should be quickly, but cool. slowly to ensure normal temperature. If its cooling occurs in a short time, you will need more fuel and permanent searching next to the heating device.
- 3. Long burning is needed, since in this case the amount of consumable fuel is reduced. As a rule, it is ensured by adjusting special dampers.
- 4. The furnace must give warmly warm. It is typical of cast iron, which is why it is considered the most popular material for manufacture.
- 5. The corrosive durability of the chimney and the elements of the furnace is also important. This parameter is required, because when the cold furnace is plated on the walls, the condensate accumulates, which during burning is released into the air together with acid, and it can provoke the body poisoning.
- 6. The cooking surfaces are needed not to everyone, but many prefer the models that can replace not only the heating device, but also the plate. It is convenient, economically and does not require additional costs of purchasing other items.
For some, not only compactness is important, but also an attractive appearance. Installing a coarse large oven in a small house will not decorate it, so miniature models are most popular.
Today, many manufacturers produce furnaces from different material. The most popular is the black and stainless steel, as well as cast iron. The first two options are distinguished by high cost, rapid heating, but also as fast cooling, inability to give and retain heat.
The disadvantage of black steel adaptations is also the deviature, because it serves no more than 7 years, requires additional external processing from overheating. That is why the tops are considered to be the stoves made of cast iron with many advantages:
- one. Good heat transfer and slow cooling, providing uniform and long-term heating of a room that does not require frequent intervention.
- 2. The ability to choose a model depending on the area of the room. This will get a normal home heating.
- 3. The minimum risk of reverse thrust even when closing the dampers until the firewood is complete.
- 4. Efficiency of the device. One wood laying will be enough for 6-10 hours of heating of the room.
- 5. The effectiveness of the cast-iron design is significantly higher than that of brick analogs.
- 6. Stability of material to deformation with long-term exposure to high temperatures.
- 7. The material is not oxidized, so the walls of the furnace do not exit even after operation over several years.
- eight. Details of the device are manufactured by casting. This means that there are no seams in the design, which are always considered a vulnerable place in such devices.
- nine. There is no need for additional processing of the external shell in order to prevent overheating. As a rule, the design is covered with heat-resistant varnish or paint to give a more attractive and neat appearance.
- ten. A long service life of 30-35 years old, and the variety of designs make the device in demand. Compactness allows you to install it even in a small room.
An important advantage is that the device is often manufactured in the form of a fireplace with original design and heat-resistant glass on the front panel. This is an interesting solution for those who appreciate not only efficiency, but also appearance.
There are also combined furnaces that combine all the advantages of materials. Most often, they are made of stainless steel and cast iron. The first protects the design from damage, the second warns overheating with the direct impact of the flame.
Despite the long list of advantages, the heating device has some drawbacks. The first is considered a fairly large weight of the device, since the cast iron does not differ ease. This parameter complicates somewhat difficult to transport and install. As a rule, a special area of bricks, tiles or concrete is required.
Cast iron is considered a durable material, but with improper transportation, impact of a solid surface, sharp drops of temperature, it can give a crack. It will be impossible to restore the design by means of welding, so limiting caution is required.
The work of any of the systems based on long-term combustion of fuel occurs by ensuring the combustion of pyrolysis gases. Their allocation is produced when organic fuel slowly burns.
Air ducts in such structures have its own characteristics, thanks to which the wood is smoldering and highlights hydrocarbons in the form of gas.
The principle of operation of the fireplace stoves is as follows:
- Pyrolysis gases that were formed during the slow oxidation of organic-based fuel, come into contact with air and then enter the combustion chamber. As a result of the process, a significant amount of thermal energy is distinguished.
- The resulting heat can be used to transfer the temperature to the coolant or boiler with an indirect type of heating.
Cast Iron Vs Steel Wood Burning stoves (Which one suits your needs better?)
IMPORTANT! An important advantage of the fireplace furnace can be considered the minimum level of soot formation during the burning of pyrolysis compounds.
But it is worth considering that when arranging such an appliance, you need to correctly mount the chimney. It will allow efficiently removing exhaust gases, ensuring the safety of residents and the efficiency of the furnace.
Pluses and cons cast iron stoves
Cast iron. Material Durable and heatmate made of it The wood stove for giving keeps the heat for some time after burning firewood in the furnace. In addition, cast iron heaters have other advantages:
- Durability (25-30 years). Property material for a long time to resist corrosion gives pig-iron furnaces a great advantage over metal. They do not rust from the effects of condensate arising during cold extroduction, and therefore calmly carry periodic use in the cold season.
- The walls of pig-iron furnaces do not corroded and do not destroy under the influence of condensate mixed with soot and ashes. The composition of such a mixture includes acids, corrosive products from ordinary metal.
- Wood stoves intended for heating country houses and cottages are distinguished by aesthetic appearance and original design.
- Long-term heat preservation promotes thick cast iron walls of heating and heating and cooking units.
Thick walls of the cast iron from the cast iron. a stick about two ends. They are cool for a long time, it’s right. But the time for heating they need more, which means that the cold stove is attacked longer in the country.
Essential lack of heaters that scare many users. these are their price. To buy a cast-iron oven for home heating, you will have to pay 50-100% more than a wood heater from steel. The rest of the disadvantages are not so significant:
- The heat source has a decent weight that should be taken into account when placing it and installation;
- When using a cooking stove from the cast iron on a hot surface, it is impossible to shed water, otherwise it can crack from the temperature shock;
- The material of the fragile and can split from a strong impact.
For reference. Cast iron will not split from the random fall of the unit and during transportation. Measures a strong blow to a solid subject or tool, for example, a hammer.
Cast iron furnaces long burning
for rooms up to 500 mᶟ (taking into account the heat exchanger)
Cast iron furnaces. a combination of reliability and quality
Over the years, it does not lose its relevance for country houses cast-iron oven. It is applied not only for heating rooms, but also for heating and cooking. The furnace is distinguished by an extraordinary appearance, it creates a special atmosphere of heat and coziness in the housing. Products from the online store “Fireplaces and furnaces” for a long time retain their aesthetics and are undemanding in care. They are characterized by high strength and reliability, ensure combustion with minimal fuel consumption. You will significantly save on the purchase of the furnace, since we have justified the price for it.
Cast iron furnaces. fireplaces for heating at home and giving the leading European manufacturer at a decent price, are not subject to corrosion, due to which it has a long service life.
Cast iron furnace for long burning
Cast iron furnaces for a long-burning house are one of the most optimal options, since they have a lot of advantages over conventional heating devices working on solid fuel. By virtue of its technical characteristics, as well as thanks to the external design design of many models, they are perfect for installation both in a small villaged house and a large well-keeled mansion.
Cast iron furnace for long burning
Even with the presence of a gas supply and creating a completely effective water heating system, a cast-iron furnace may not be superfluous, as it will contribute to maintaining comfortable living conditions in the offseason or in rainy summer days. In addition, “Live warmth” from the stove always creates some kind of special comfort.
Manufacturers of long-burning furnaces claim, and practice this proves that instruments with a classic design are not as effective as their products, since it is heated by the room only due to active combustion of fuel in conventional firebox. With full burning device, the appliances with a conventional fuel burning scheme are fast cool, so to maintain the desired room temperature, it is necessary to constantly put fuel. When using prolonged burning furnaces, the frequency of loading the furnace firewood is reduced to two, or even once a day.
Basic principle of working ovens of long burning, features of their design
Long burning ovens are very often called pyrolysis, since the principle of use is based on the basis of the thermal energy of the hidden potential of pyrolysis gases.
With the usual burning of firewood, combustion products, giving heat to the walls of the device, simply go into the chimney. Fuel bookmarks go beyond quickly, and, in fact, the use of its natural calorie content is very ineffective. Other thing if you use pyrolysis phenomenon.
Pyrolysis call the decomposition of solid fuel, in this case, wood, under the influence of increased temperature and artificial creation of lack of oxygen. To do this, in the furnace furnace, after the start of active burning of fuel, air access is almost completely overlapped, and the process of thermal decomposition passes into the resolution of the tension, in which the wood is almost completely roasting, highlighting pyrolysis gas, and leaving a small amount of solid waste in the form of fine wood ash.
Next, pyrolysis gas, mainly consisting of methane and carbon monoxide, rises, mixing with secondary air, which is supplied by naturally or forced method. with a fan.
Then, the gas-air mixture gets into the freezer chamber, flammifies and burns, giving a very high heat transfer. At the same time, there is almost a complete burnout of soot and heavy fractions, and the remaining flue gases practically do not have impurities. When burning this gas-air mixture, the flame must have a bright white color, which indicates the full burning of substances in an excess of oxygen.
It turns out that the fuel is twice gives heat, and this factor increases the productivity of the heating unit several times compared to conventional furnaces, and also allows the use of fuel more rationally.
Fuel combustion scheme in pyrolysis furnace
In this picture, the entire combustion process is clearly visible. In the lower part there is a transmission channel of the primary air. its receipt is regulated by the door installed at the inlet. Over the heat chamber there is a secondary air supply channel, which will contribute to the intensive combustion of the gas dedicated during pyrolysis in the upper combustion chamber.
However, in order for such a combustion process in the most efficient way, it is necessary to strictly observe the dosage of the submitted primary air. it is it directly affects the intensity of the burning of solid fuel. So, if the burning is very active, the process of pyrolysis will not happen, and the fuel will give heat movement once.
If “decompose on the shelves” the entire heating process of a long-burning oven to the steps, it will look like this:
- All the space of the furnace, almost to the top, is filled with firewood having the same length. In the upper part of the chamber, one or two layers of thin hats and sliced chips are fitted. they are needed for quick ignition. All firewood should be quite well sucked, otherwise they will not give high heat transfer, the pyrolysis process will be “sluggish”, and the oven will not function in full force.
- Setting firewood, they ignite them from above, with the help of paper. This fact should be paid special attention to this fact, since all other furnaces are mounted below, and the burning goes as if from the inside. In them, paper and thin sins are stacked under the main layers of firewood.
In the pyrolysis furnaces, combustion, and then the flow of fuel begins on top and gradually lowers down.
After the firewood will be spoiled from above, and the necessary temperature conditions will be created in the furnace, the receipt of primary air is minimized
- Last minute firewood should be spoiled in full power at an open subduct door or sewage. the combustion temperature should rise at least to 200 ÷ 250 degrees. Then, the cooler door is sealed, and the subdivile hole is only covered, as the minimum amount of air must be supplied through it, which is necessary to maintain the process of decaying. Sometimes the primary air supply channel even overlaps completely.
- Thus, the work of the furnace from one wood laying can continue from 5 to 12 hours depending on the volume of the heat chamber. Long burning is especially convenient when you have to die a large area of the house, and therefore the unit is purchased with water circuit. Such a furnace flooded from the evening will heat the house until the morning, and then the next game of firewood heating in the daytime is laid in the furnace.