Warm floor grid on top or bottom
This article discusses the turn-insulating technology of warm water floor with concrete tie. By this time, the damper tape should be fixed on the bottom of the wall and made other preparatory work, which was said in the article Installation of a damper tape for a warm floor. If you have everything, then read on.
Conclusion: everything that is written in this article below, we are doing only after drying the draft screed.
Heat insulation for a warm floor
If the thermal insulation is a foam or cork or t. P. Materials, there is nothing to say: this is a sheet material that is folded, gluits with a scotch, and over the pipe.
If a special polystyrene system is used for laying pipelines (with grooves under the pipe), then there are no problems too. such sheets have grooves, like a laminate or a circulating board, due to which they are joined:
But it is not always possible to purchase such specialized products, or it is not for the Then you can buy polystyrene foam 5-10 cm thick. The sheets of polystyrene foam also have grooves for connecting:
If the finance is not pulled on extruded polystyrene foam, then you can take a sufficient density foam (from 35 kg / m3 or more), only foam sheets are preferably glued together, for example, by mounting foam: foam sprayed a little, connected the sheets and Actually, this all. However, for me it is better not to save a penny and not add to yourself for your carrot, but still buy extruded polystyrene: warm floor is not made for one season, so, saving on the insulation, you can fly on the quality of heating. In addition, an important indicator is the density of foam, because the load will be laid on it from everything that above And it is not always written on the foam!
Once again: extruded expanded polystyrene is the best choice and density and thermal conductivity. White Polyfoam has a density of 18, 20, 22 kg / m3. usually, so it is not suitable. It is better to buy as a heater for a warm floor extruded polystyrene foam and sleep well.
How much do you need to buy insulation for a warm floor? The insulation covers the whole area, so we consider the area of the house (if there are rooms, where the warm floor is not needed, then these rooms do not consider it). But it is necessary to take into account the trimming, usually adds to 5%. Well, the resulting number is multiplied by the number of layers of insulation.
Why need to reinforce the screed?
In general, the concrete screed of the floor is distinguished by special strength, if the fill technologies were observed. In this case, the floor will serve not one dozen years. But even such a screed has shortcomings. The most weighty is fragility, which may occur with the thickness of the coating less than 7 cm. Mechanical and vibrational impacts may eventually cause cracks. In order to avoid such troubles, builders recommend using a reinforcing welded grid.
With this mesh, you can evenly distribute the loads that the screed is experiencing, and make the floor more durable.
Basically, the reinforcing grid is used in these cases:
- When the screed is poured on a not very reliable basis that can deform. As a rule, we are talking about mineral wool or foam, which are needed for sound and thermal insulation of the room. Also, fragile grounds can be attributed to the ceramzit and crushed stone, since small pebbles can move.
- When you need to additionally strengthen your screed due to subsequent larger loads on it.
- If the thickness of the screed is less than 7 cm. Such a floor is considered rather fragile and inclined to cracking, so it is resorted to reinforcement.
To strengthen the screed, choose a special mesh of thin reinforcement (VP-1 corrugated wire). Its choice mainly depends on the floor thickness and maximum loads. The most popular option is a metal welded mesh with a cell size of 50×50, 100×100, 150×150 and 200×200 mm and a rod thick 4 or 5 mm.
How to choose a grid?
With this everything is quite simple. In the market of course presented a bunch of options. There are, both made by folk craftsmen in their garage and made on a professional CNC machine.
The grid for the warm floor is better to take with a square with a cell of 150 mm. If you do not find such, then take 100 mm with a cell.
Since the heat pitch is often 150 mm, then the MAC grid with the same cell will be the most convenient option. Lead the pipe along the rod and fasten it at the junctions of cells.
Mac grid is better to take a CNC made to the machine. She is the most “smooth”. Self-drainers often do not observe the size of the cells. Pardon thickness is desired 4 mm. With such a thick, the grid goes well on the polystyrene and it is convenient to fix the pipe to it.
In which cases it is necessary to reinforce the screed?
The reinforced screed is, in fact, a private case of a reinforced concrete product capable of withstanding compressive loads, bending, stretching. Reinforcing elements laid in the body of the screed perform features:
- Protect from the appearance of microcracks during the drying of the screed;
- Protect the formation of cracks and their expansion when exposed to mechanical pressure or vibrations;
- increase the strength of the screed;
- warn the sedimentation of the base;
- Increase the service life of the screed.
Naturally, reinforcement. the process is optional. And in most cases of individual construction, the screed is perfectly coping with its functions without strengthening elements.
- The screed is laid on unreliable, “floating” base, subject to bending and stretching. For example, with a laminate device, when the screed is poured onto the heat, sound or waterproofing layer. Such layers can be plates of mineral wool, EPPS, foam, polyethylene films, and t.P. Fastening movable grounds are also snowflows from rubble, ceramzit and t.P.
- It is required to strengthen the screed in the places of high load. under the furnaces, fireplaces, machines, mechanisms, and T.P.
- Thick screed is performed. over 50 mm thick.
Usually ties in houses and apartments are a thin layer of cement-sandy solution with a thickness of 30-40 mm, which is used to align the floor according to the existing reinforced concrete slabs. In this case, the strong base does not allow to occur with tensile loads leading to deformations. And therefore reinforcement for such screeds do not perform.
What is reinforcement?
Reinforcement, first of all, the way to increase the strength of materials, their supporting ability. In other words, the ability to resist increased loads on the design, vibration, shrinkage. The reinforced tie of the floor becomes resistant to the appearance of cracks, the shelf life of such a design also rises.
When repairing the floor, the question often arises: whether it is necessary to reinforce the screed? Reinforcement of the screed is performed in the following cases:
- If there is a need to make a light thicker. For example, in the case when it is required to reduce the load on the overlap.
- If the base under the screed is unstable. For example, when the screed is arranged on a soil base or bulk (from rubble, gravel, sand and other materials). In this case, shrinkage is possible. Or for a screed, which is placed on the heat insulation layer. Or prone to shrinkage all building construction (house, garage, veranda).
- If significant loads are foreseen. For example, parties with lots of dancing people. Or installation of a pool, fountain, sculptures, machine tools and equipment.
- If the base of the floors is characterized by significant height differences.
In other cases, it is quite possible to do without reinforcement.
Technology of proper laying of reinforcing elements. Councils of experts!
Before starting installation, it is necessary to make a thorough inspection of purchased products for all sorts of defects, if you did not do this when buying. The technology of proper laying is performed in a few simple steps:
- First you need to prepare the basis for which the screed will be laid. Eliminate all visible defects and treated with a special primer solution. Then the entire surface of the prepared base is covered with a special waterproofing material. Walls around the entire perimeter of laying also need to be punctured by a damper ribbon. This will fully eliminate the possibility of deformation as a result of temperature expansion. Walls are placed on a height of about 10-12 centimeters.
- Next folds the grid. It should be located strictly parallel layers, it is allowed to nourish no more than 10 centimeters. The grid should not fit close to the wall. Required gap. 3-4 centimeters.
- It is also necessary to lift it on 2 centimeters above the surface. This is done with the aim of uniform distribution of the grid in the bold concrete mix. For this make additional supports from bricks or pipe trimming.
- Check the flatness of the decomposed grid. This applies level. In places where irregularities are revealed, it is necessary to make additional lining from girlfriend.
- Next is preparing a special concrete solution and stacked on top to prepared layer. The elements of reinforcement must be completely in the solution, none of the edges should be seen on the surface. After the surface alignment is performed.
I hope this article will help you understand what a mesh for a ball screed is needed!
The process of the device of such a system is considered simpler compared to the previous one, since it is not associated with hydraulic components. However, here there are nuances. Electric warm flooring does not fit in stationary furniture and household appliances. Put furniture on heated surfaces is irrational. both in terms of buying materials and in terms of energy consumption.
The thermal insulation material is placed on the smooth clean floor. Do it not only in private houses, where heat goes through the floor to the ground. It also spreads to apartments: a warm floor should warm your home, and not a neighbor’s ceiling from below. You can put on the floor cork substrate. From above on it. foil for the reflection of thermal radiation.
The installation process depends on the type of selected heating elements, placement and flooring places. If you have not yet decided, we propose to use the table.
|Heating cable||The basis is a single-core or two-housing electrical cable. The advantage is that it is easy to maneuver with it in narrow spaces and lay a heap system, rich various obstacles. The cable is laid by a snake, fixing it on the floor using a mounting tape. As a rule, it is included in the package, and the instructions describe the recommended installation parameters.|
Suitable for styling under the tile and in the screed
Suitable for styling under the tile and in the screed
Suitable for laying under laminate, parquet, linoleum, carpet.
How To Use Steel Wire Mesh For Concrete Slab របៀបប្រើប្រាស់ដែកចងស្រាប់របស់កម្រាលខណ្ឌ
Whatever type of warm floor you choose, be sure to be guided by the instructions when installing. For clarity, we offer you illustration on the laying of the cable system TEGLOLUX.
Read more: Choose a substrate for a laminate for warm water floor
Warm floor laying options based on heating cable
Remember! When mounting the elements of a warm floor, you can not lay them on each other. It is not recommended to cut cables, trying to get rid of extra segments. It should be calculated in advance the required amount by room area. In the process of laying, try not to adopted on the cable. If this is not avoided, act with extreme caution so as not to damage it.
Even before laying the heating elements, it is necessary to decide on the location of the thermostat. there will be required to lead the ends of the cable. Usually it is fixed on the wall, the height from the floor is about 1 m. Through the electric pipe, the device is connected to the heating cable. From him, the canal in the corrugation, inside which the temperature sensor is installed, and the channel ends in the floor.
The sensor connects to the power grid. The distance from it to the thermostat is 1.5 m. One thermostat is mounted on each room, which will control and maintain the temperature in this room, focusing on the sensor signals. When the system is assembled, test it efficiency.
Make sure the cable is equally warm all the room warms. Only then you can hide it under a tie and flooring. After that it is not recommended to include the system until the solution is complete. Depending on the thickness of the screed layer, it may be necessary from several days to week. Do not hurry to start the operation of a warm floor, trying to “dry” the screed. The process should be completed naturally.
In this article we presented the basic recommendations on the installation of water and electric warm floors. Of course, it will not be possible to fit all the nuances in one stuff. But we hope that from a familiarization point of view it will be useful. detailed recommendations you will find in the manual that the manufacturer attaches.
The main thing is to choose suitable products. This will help our informative site and professional advice of the manager. You can buy most of the components, as well as the tools needed for a warm floor device with your own hands. Do not postpone the purchase. Make an order today!
We’ll figure it out how to perform the installation of the grid for laying a warm floor.
It does not matter which mesh you decide to use. reinforcement is performed throughout the floor area. If the length of the flooded surface is large, the mesh laying is allowed for reinforcement of the brass, followed by wire compound.
Do not forget that indents are made from the walls. If a complex base is reinforced, having smooth transitions or steps, relief needs to be repeated. In such cases, the mesh is mounted on special fasteners so that it is in a suspended state at a distance of two centimeters from the base.
First you need to properly place the mesh for fittings.
Set it at a certain height of the base, taking into account the thickness of the future tie for the warm floor and the size of the mesh rods. To do this, it is allowed to use various devices. wooden bars, fragments of bricks, metal profile and t. P. The main condition is that the stands must have the desired thickness that allows the solution to penetrate the heating elements.
Until the moment how to fill the screed, you must lay out layers of sand, gravel, hydro- and thermal insulation. After the device of such a “cake” is allowed to install the reinforcement grid and fill the solution.
There are general rules for the device and reinforcement of the screed, which should be followed in the work:
- Despite the different types of mesh for reinforcement, plasticizer components are added to the sand-cement mortar to increase strength and elasticity. The mixture gets the ability to penetrate into the cells of any sizes,
- Before starting work with a grid, it is recommended to study the accompanying instructions from the manufacturer.
Read more: Decorative panel. fashionable decoration for walls with your own hands
There are certain features of reinforcement:
- so that it does not happen, the grid should be located directly in the thickness of the layer, and not on the draft floor,
- Mesh cells are determined with such a calculation so as not to create a concrete mixture.
- reinforcement grid should not have contaminants,
- Mesh elements should not appear on the surface of the screed. This will eliminate the formation of corrosion on metal rods.