DIY mobile floor air conditioning
There are different devices to create a good microclimate in the house or office. Among air conditioners, compact mobile. These floor models quickly won the market. And all because the scope of their use is slightly larger than usual, starting from VIP rooms and ending with covered awning. Their rental in the summer is in great demand. It’s not only about the price, for the most part in mobility.
Portable air conditioners are divided into two types:
- with a closed cycle-evaporative-condensation models in which the refrigerant circulates a closed contour. In shape, they resemble the cabinet.
- with an open cycle. floor conditioners of the evaporative type with a phase transition.
Air cooling in such models occurs due to evaporation in the open space of the refrigerant. The installation occurs according to the principle: acquired, brought and connected. Place such models against the wall. They are somewhat similar to a suitcase. For movement are equipped with wheels and a handle.
You can find air conditioners of the cassette option that mount in the suspension ceiling. In this case, it is difficult to call them mobile. After all, mobility lies in the ease of installation of a mobile air conditioner with your own hands, without unnecessary additional work. To do this, you just need to include them in the outlet.
Now let’s look at each model in detail.
Closed mobile air conditioners
The principle of their work is somewhat different from the work of the split system or the same refrigerator.
- Through the injector a refrigerant, such as a freon or a colad, enters the evaporator.
- There he evaporates, while absorbs a large amount of heat.
- Air is passed through the evaporator radiator using a fan, which allows it to quickly cool and go out.
- From the evaporator, the Freon pair is sucked up by the compressor and pumped into the capacitor.
- In it, couples cool and turn into a liquid.
- Then they get through the pipeline, passing the injector, into the evaporator. The cycle begins first.
As for the difference between the principles of the work of the split system and the floor air conditioner, the inner unit is the evaporator in the system, and the capacitor is located outside. Thus, both contours are separate from each other. In the system, mixing air of processed and technical does not occur, and in the air conditioner this is possible according to this scheme:
- Through the air intake, warm air enters the cold circuit where it cools.
- Its heat falls into a hot contour, from where it is further transmitted to the technical air received from the technical air intake. And cooled air through the hole returns to the room.
- Together with the technical air, excess heat comes out.
Each monoblock consists of such main parts: evaporator and capacitor. It looks structurally as follows: radiators have a single case, and Freon circulates continuously inside. The evaporator turns the refrigerant into gas, which absorbs heat from the air, and in the condenser everything happens the other way around.
In design, floor and mobile air conditioners are the same monoblock product for cooling the premises. The principle of operation of the floor air conditioner is based on the processing of air in the room and cooling it to the required temperature. Centrifugal fans suck the air mass into the product through the system of slotted holes: in the upper part for subsequent cooling, passing through the evaporator of the refrigerator, and in the lower part there is a fence of already chilled air to cool the capacitor.
During operation, one of the fans removes heated air masses through the duct outside, and the other throws chilled air into the room. At the bottom of the product case is a gang of liquid, which enters the capacitor from the capacitor by gravity. The user has to pour it manually.
You learned how the floor air conditioner works, now we will get acquainted with its advantages and disadvantages.
Pros and cons of the structure
The advantages of mobile devices are obvious:
- Relative mobility. just put the product in the room, connect to the network and imprisoned with coolness, because some preparatory work will have to be done, but not the same volume as when installing a wall option;
- There are no difficult installation work, sometimes it is enough to set the duct with a special nozzle in a ajar window;
- There are no communications for the circulation of freon and condensate removal;
- No need to coordinate the installation of the unit in different instances.
There is no less representative list of disadvantages.
- The entire mechanical part of the air conditioner is inside the room: a compressor that compresses the refrigerant and takes it off. When working, this unit creates a small, but still noise effect on others. Working mechanics releases heat, t. e. The product creates a thermal effect, and the principle of operation of the mobile air conditioner is just built on the fight against this phenomenon.
- These products do not have a condensate withdrawal, he is going in a special pallet, but you will have to remove it yourself.
- The monoblock is supplied with a corrugated hose to remove the spent air outward, which also heats up, despite the isolation, and creates an additional greenhouse effect behind the air conditioner.
- For cooling, the air is absorbed from the room where it is installed. It turns out that it is used many times, which does not add quality to it.
- The floor air conditioner takes, albeit small, but still the space near the room is very critical for small rooms.
All these statements are true, but do not be upset. all household appliances have their own pros and cons, monoblocks are not an exception to the rules.
What does the installation of a mobile air conditioner mean
The system has two main elements: capacitor and evaporator. Such a scheme is a chain of many radiators along which Freon flows. In the evaporator, the freon is converted into a vaporous mixture, “removing” heat from the room, and under the capacitor this heat is transmitted to the atmosphere of the room. In floor devices, the entire system is located inside the device. nothing needs to be invented.
Another option is a split system. This type consists of internal and external blocks. Split system is more powerful than its competitor, but also not devoid of one drawback-the price of the device is much higher than the monoblock. The split system is inferior in terms of installation-connecting a mobile air conditioner can be difficult if you do everything yourself.
How to install a mobile air conditioner
Installation of the floor system is many times easier than a standard air conditioner. But to say that he does not need installation at all is fundamentally wrong. You just need to distinguish what we are going to install: a mobile device or a split system. In the first case, the work is minimal, since we put only one block; In the second option, there is both the external and the internal part that requires a separate place in the room.
How to connect a mobile air conditioner. adhere to the basic rules from our editorial office:
- Work with the device directly from the outlet, and not through extension cords or adapters, as they very often burn and melt;
- Turn on the air conditioner only with a grounded outlet;
- Do not use gas pipes when grounding;
- Do not turn on the partially disassembled device;
- After installation to the plug, it is necessary to provide unhindered access;
- The fuse cannot be placed in a passive position, otherwise you can get the “shock” of the system;
- There should be no barriers for air circulation. provide at least half a meter for air circulation;
- It is forbidden to put a mobile system in places with high humidity and on the street.
Mobile split system
This type of equipment has higher power, unlike a monoblock.
- The outer block of equipment is mounted in the household.
- The outer equipment block is mounted on the terrace.
- The external unit of the equipment is installed outside the window using belts or mounted with brackets.
Installation of the unit in the room
This block is equipped with wheels and can easily move throughout the apartment. Any objects should not block air circulation through the air intake panel of the device.
Installation and fasteners of the external unit
The best for this block is a place that will provide normal and correctly organized conditions for thermal exchange, for example, a veranda, loggia or window. Between the outer block of equipment and the wall or the second block, there is a distance of at least 6 centimeters.
The mounting of the block is not considered a mandatory rule. This mobile equipment can be installed simply on the floor or some even surface that will not allow water leakage. In the case of the floor installation of the unit, it must be securely fixed to the base with four rollers, this will facilitate the movement of the structure. To perform installation in the kit, special support brackets are provided, which provide the mounting of the block to the wall.
For a wall installation of an external unit, you need to make a hole in the wall, install dowels in them and fix the bracket. After that, the external unit is placed and fixed on them. Be sure to make sure that it is securely recorded!
Mobile air conditioners are a truly innovative solution in the field of climatic equipment. Almost instant cooling of air in the room, inexpensive cost, ease of installation and ease of further operation. the main advantages of acquiring this system, both for the office and for home use, are probably obvious.
We make an insert with our own hands
We offer a unique insert option that can be transferred from room to room when you need to cool all the rooms until the desired temperature. The whole trick is that for this we will use a standard grid from insects, which is equipped with any type of plastic windows.
- We carefully remove the grid itself, having previously removed the rubber seal, but only after installing the plexiglass so that the delicate circuit does not bend, we carefully measure the opening and transfer them to the output sheet.
- We apply the contour of the future window with the help of acute awl, the work is responsible and requires the hardness of the hand. the fishing line for the trimmer should be clear, without repeated lines that will be visible from the outside when installing.
- You need to cut it on both sides, and then just break off the planned sheet. Now we carefully clean the cut places from irregularities with a mounting knife and a grinding skin.
- Having determined the installation site of the duct, draw the contour of the required hole. Cutting a round hole is quite difficult, but here an electric chisel is useful to us. The inside is also carefully processed so that there are no burrs.
- Along the entire perimeter of the leaf fit to the frame, we clean the surface with a rough skin to give it roughness for better gluing, then we degrease and wipe dry with a clean rag.
- For gluing, we use a special glue or sealant based on external work, so that when exposed to sunlight it does not lose its properties. Gently apply the gluing composition, then apply a chopper sheet on it, press on top of something heavy for clear gluing.
- After the final drying of the sealant, we turn the resulting structure and remove the grid along with the rubber seal.
- We carefully insert the seal in the same place, and instead of weak plastic pens, we install more durable, t. to. We will rearrange the entire structure more than once, and it has become a little harder.
- Install the resulting design and fix it with metal corners for strength and reliability. We attach the duct hose. it turned out a system that does not spoil the appearance of the window either from the inside or outside.
The installation of the floor air conditioner is completed, now you can include the product on the network and enjoy coolness. The whole process can be viewed at
These include floor-flowing air conditioners, the installation of which differs only in that they can be located on the wall near the gender or under the ceiling. Otherwise, they are not much different from other split systems in their performance.
The main technical differences from other models of household air conditioners are as follows.
- Universality. location in any place convenient for users. From the type of location, the optimal direction of the air flow of chilled air is selected.
- Small dimensions, therefore can be installed in any, even the smallest rooms. Their internal blocks are much smaller than that of the split systems, in addition, they are thinner but longer than other models of wall air conditioners.
- Quite high performance. in no way inferior to wall models, and the effectiveness of the heat exchanger and fan is identical to more expensive samples of the split systems.
- The main tasks assigned to these systems are the cooling and heating of the air depending on the season. In addition, they perform gross cleaning of the air mass of impurities and its ionization.
- The level of sound exposure to others is very small, the most powerful models of floor-flowing products have no more than 34 dB, and a quiet atmosphere in any library is 40 dB.
Safety rules when using a floor air conditioner
Before turning on the floor air conditioning and proceed to its operation, you should carefully study the rules of installation and use, the observance of which will not only ensure its safe use, but also extend the service life of the device. Here are the basic rules:
- It is not allowed to connect the device through an extension cord and adapter;
- You can only connect the air conditioner to a grounded outlet;
- You can not turn on the device with a removed grate;
- You can not put the fuse on the grounding wire;
- The installation of the device outside the room, as well as in the bathroom or shower cabin;
- It is impossible to carry out grounding through a gas pipe;
- it is necessary to provide unhindered access to the outlet.
As you can see, it is not difficult to install the floor air conditioner itself. And it is not necessary to call professional installers for this, spending considerable means! It is just enough to stock up on the necessary set of tools, some knowledge and patience.
The advantages and disadvantages of the floor (mobile) air conditioner
Many argue that a small floor air conditioner without a blower or with him is an extreme budget exit for those who cannot afford a full-fledged split system and appropriate payment for installation specialists. They argue this by the fact that the air conditioner does not work well, but consumes a huge amount of electricity. and perhaps you should carefully figure out whether this is really so.
The disadvantages of a mobile split system are in:
- installation everywhere;
- can be moved from room to room;
- You can take with you when moving;
- Easy to use;
- No need to contact specialists for installation;
- There is no need to drill holes in the wall;
- modern design is neutral enough to fit into any interior;
- small sizes that allow you to install in any convenient place;
- three stages of air purification;
- self.cleaning and self.diagnosis function.
- The duct for the floor air conditioner may be present, or may not depend on the preferences of the user.
- Various modes of air flow directions.
- Built.in air heating and air ventilation.
- capable of working at negative temperatures on the street, as it is located indoors.
Floor air conditioning with heating
Saturn ST-09CPH with a convenient and simple sensory control, a good condensation system, an elastic exhaust hose. The model provides quality work in three working modes.
The device heats the average in size of the room. 30 kV. m. Air conditioning is small in weight, functional. Air purification occurs using a special antibacterial filter.
- Working area. 30 square meters. m;
- Dimensions. 500 by 460 by 865 mm;
- cooling and heating power. 2.5 kW;
- electrical control using a digital display;
- weight. 30 kg;
- functions (automatic evaporation of condensate, automatic diagnosis);
- Assembly (air conditioning, instructions, control panel).
- Equipped with a system of automatic condensation removal;
- convenient mounting of the duct;
- automatic diagnosis of work;
- simple sensory management;
- Compactness, transportability.
How To Set up a Portable Air Conditioner and Easy Installation
Features of the installation of monoblocks
The main advantage of monoblocks over split systems is their mobility. The device, thanks to its compact size, is easy to move and transport, so it can be taken with you to the country or to a country house without any problems. And independent installation of a floor air conditioner of this type should not cause big troubles.
There are two ways to install mobile air conditioners: by withdrawing the duct pipe outside the room through the window or through the wall. But still, in most cases, they use the first method, since it is the least costly and does not require a violation of the integrity of the wall.
Portable Air Conditioners. Why you shouldn’t like them
Most flooring monoblocks are sold with a set for installation, but there are also such models of air conditioners in which such a set is not provided. In this case, to withdraw the duct outside the premises, the optimal solution will be the manufacture of an insert into the window opening. The following materials and tools will be needed for work:
First of all, it is necessary to decide where to install the floor air conditioner. It is recommended to place the device as close to the window as possible to minimize the resistance to the outer air flow.
The equipment should be placed so that the duct has as few bends as possible. Near the device there should not be objects and furniture that will impede normal air circulation (the distance should be at least half a meter).
The installation of a floor air conditioner is carried out in the following sequence:
- Cut off a plexiglass. For this, accurate measurements of the window sash are made, and the outer diameter of the duct pipe is measured (in many models for air outflow, corrugation is used). Further, by removed the standards, a rectangular insert is cut out of the plexiglass, in which the opening for the duct is cut. The hole is made slightly less than the size of the cross.section of the pipe so that it holds tight.
- Provide the tightness of the system. This is necessary, since an extension of plexiglass will be the only protection against rain and wind throughout the entire period of use of the air conditioner. As a sealant, it is best to use a rubber seal on a self.adhesive basis.
- Installation of the insert. The window should be fixed in the open position. Then the cut up the insert using painting tape around the perimeter is attached to the window frame. Instead of adhesive tape, you can use special locks.
- Installation of the device. The equipment is installed in the place selected for it. The duct is connected to the air conditioner and is removed through the hole cut out in the insert on the street, and the drainage hose is inserted into the duct.
Before connecting the floor air conditioning, it is necessary that it stands in an upright position for at least two hours!
Mobile air conditioners are particularly popular among owners and tenants of offices, flower shops and people who temporarily rent apartments or any other premises. This is due to the extreme convenience and mobility of the device both in installation and during operation. The air conditioner can be rearranged in another room with a window, and if necessary, the move simply disconnected it and take it with you to a new place.
Nevertheless, everything is known in comparison. Yes, the mobile air conditioner is very easy to install, but for the most part this statement is true when compared with the fastening of a standard suspension unit. Quite often, mobile portable devices also cause some difficulties.
Consider the most common errors that are made during the installation of mobile air conditioners.
- The parameters of the minimum retreat are not observed. Putting mobile air conditioners close to the wall is extremely not recommended. It is important that the distance is at least 30 centimeters. Do not forget that through the side radiators with filters the device must suck air for cooling, which requires a certain space.
- The mobile air conditioner is placed in the room without additional influx of fresh air. Когда в комнате есть только одно окно и не поступает свежий воздух из других мест, то переносной кондиционер хоть и нормализует температуру, но при этом выдувает огромную часть кислорода из комнаты.
- The air conditioning corrugation has an incorrect conclusion. This part can be very hot, so it is especially important to monitor the fact that it was at a certain distance from the main monoblock.
- The length of the hose is not selected incorrectly. It is important that the length of the output hose is as little as possible. Otherwise, the device will consume additional electricity, just then to transfer warm air to the output point.
- The place for creating a hole in the window glass is incorrectly selected. There is a set of elementary rules that are not always respected. When the device is on the windowsill. the hole should be as high as possible. When the device is on the floor. the hole must be made in the lower part of the glass.
And finally, the most important aspect of the work of the mobile air conditioner. the device without fail requires the presence of a ventilation hole. The best option is an ordinary window, but not always. The main thing is to remember that in closed rooms without any ventilation system or the lack of the opportunity to create an installation of a mobile air conditioner is impossible.
20 385 (cooling power 3220 W, up to 27 m²)
Powerful and truly stylish monoblock of the Loft series. Organically fits into the interior of modern houses, apartments, offices, stores. over, Electrolux EacM-11CL/N3 is quite compact and easy for its class with a device (26 kg), which can be taken with you to the cottage, in the garage, to install in almost any inhabited room, where in the summer you do not want to get exhausted from the heat.
Operating modes: cooling, ventilation, drainage. Service area-up to 27 m² (the line has other versions of EacM-8, 13, 15 Cl/N3). The function of evaporation of condensate and its withdrawal along with warm air is convenient, but excess moisture can be collected inside. The indicator will be reported about filling out the built.in tank, a special drainage hose is placed instead of the plug instead of the plug (included).
- Low energy consumption of class A;
- Wireless remote control;
- Intensive cooling function, night mode;
- A small noise level for this type of device. 44 dB;
- 24 months a full warranty.
- Electrolux EacM-11CL/N3-cooling power 3220 W, up to 27 m²
- Electrolux EacM-08Cl/N3-cooling power 2400 W, up to 20 m²
- Electrolux EacM-13CL/N3-cooling power 3810 W, up to 33 m²
- Electrolux EacM-15CL/N3-cooling power 4400 W, up to 38 m²
Zanussi zacm-12 ms/n1
23 990 (cooling power 3520 W, up to 30 m²)
Another floor air conditioner, which in work shows itself from the best side and is good in design. We can say that it fully corresponds to modern trends in the style of minimalism. Separately, it is worth highlighting the presence of a hidden display, visible through the translucent plastic of the front panel only during the operation of the device.
Classic functions: air conditioning, including intensive cooling, drainage, ventilation. The condensate formed in the process is removed automatically, but for rooms with high humidity, water collection inside and its drain is provided as the corresponding indication appears.
Mobility is ensured by built.in chassis, simplicity and ease of installation. the presence of a corrugated pipe with adapters. Served area. up to 30 m², warranty period. 24 months.
- For the case, 2 color solutions are available. white or black;
- High energy efficiency of class A;
- Automatic blinds, timer for 24 hours;
- Adapter station for the window in the kit;
- There is a drainage hose.
Continues our rating of the best floor air conditioners Monoblok, which is no longer a novelty in the market, but well.tested and perfectly proven itself. Successful initially the design still looks modern and stylish. The device is calculated for an area of up to 23 m², but there is a more powerful version of the AP-12C.
Management is carried out either on the front panel, or from the remote control. 4 operating modes are available: cooling, ventilation, drainage, automatic. What is quite profitably distinguishes Aeronik against the backdrop of other mobile air conditioners is a low declared noise level. 40 dB. In any case, the manufacturer claims so.
The model is not equipped with a built.in capacity and does not need a familiar drainage system. The resulting condensate is supplied to the heated surface of the heat exchanger, evaporated and removed through the duct. Nevertheless, a tray is provided for work in rooms with a high moisture level.
- Special compartment for storing the remote control in the case;
- Autorestart function;
- System of self.diagnosis of malfunctions;
- 3-speed fan, air flow-up to 430 m³/h;
- Blocking the remote control from children.
Another mobile air conditioner from the same manufacturer. It is more powerful and is able to support a given microclimate in rooms with an area of up to 33 square meters.m. He also has 3 fan modes, but the function of heating was added to the possibilities of cooling, ventilation and drying. With a drain, it is able to condensate up to 35 liters of water per day.
It is convenient to use this model thanks to an intuitive display, self.diagnosis of malfunctions, a remote control, the presence of a timer and the possibility of a transfer in a night mode. Small rollers in the lower part of the case help to move equipment. Noise level 44 dB.
- cooling power 3.81 kW;
- heating power 3.66 kW;
- maximum air flow 410 m3/h;
- Dimensions 480x795x400 mm;
- Weight 34 kg.
- High performance.
- Beautiful design.
- Long service life.
- Universal set of functionality.
- Convenience of management.
- Manufacturer’s warranty 3 years.
Conclusion. This model is suitable as a temporary air conditioner, when for any reason it is impossible to install a stationary unit.
A beautiful and productive monoblock of a famous Dutch company is produced in China. It is designed to maintain comfortable climatic conditions in rooms with an area of up to 44 square meters.m. It can be used for ventilation, cooling and bunch of air.
The model works automatically. She has an informative digital control panel and remote control. There is a timer, a filter of air cleaning, a three.speed fan, a capacitance filling alarm. The refrigerant used is safe for human health and does not harm the state of the ozone layer of the atmosphere. Noise level up to 50 dB. Manufacturer warranty 1 year.
- High power.
- Stylish design.
- Maneuverable chassis.
- Full equipment for quick installation.
- Economic energy consumption.
- Acceptable cost.