Why need to be cleaned?
Sealing gum has a complicated design with bends and sovereigns. In the folds of the cuffs in large quantities, dirt, hair, pile and garbage accumulate. everything that has not been removed through the filter and the drain hose.
Due to the configuration features in the rubber band, high humidity constantly holds, which serves as an excellent mold medium.
Attention! The remains of the garbage are subjected to rotting and infection with mold, there are unpleasant odors and black spots. colonies of fungi and bacteria.
The smell of sharpness creates not only the unfavorable atmosphere in the room, but also impresses the wicked clothes. Therefore, questions, why you need to clean the gum, the responsible mistress does not have to arise.
“Habitat” fungus in a washing machine
The typewriter has 5 places most vulnerable to fungus:
Clean the washing machine from mold is necessary. At the slightest manifestation of fungus (smell, mold), you must immediately begin with it. Otherwise, it will spread, which can lead to a breakdown of the machine.
There are many different ways to get rid of mold in a washing machine. Let’s try to deal in detail with each of them.
How to remove mold on rubber in a washing machine
Mold quite often arises in a washing machine. It is imperceptible, and the hostess learns about its availability when the smell of dampness from the technique and wicked things arises. This is due to the fact that first the fungus occurs on the gum, which is located at the door of the machine, as this element is arranged in such a way that water often accumulates. And if you do not dry the unit in a timely manner, the likelihood of mold appearance is great.
What is the cleaning of the washing machine from mold and, in particular, processing the gum? Several important stages of this work can be distinguished:
- wet the fabric and wipe the outside of this cuff;
- Try to bring the gum and drop it from the inside;
- Apply a tool on the cuff, which has chlorine in its composition. It is important not to forget to use protective gloves;
- After that, again wipe both sides of the gum, as well as the washing drum;
- Leave the machine closed for half an hour. an hour;
- After this time, run the rinsing procedure to remove the cleaning agent.
It helps to remove the fungus using a copper sulfate, which is mixed with water and applied to the aggregate affected by mold. Leave the remedy you need for a day, and then turn on the rinse procedure.
It is worth noting that in the presence of serious lesions of the washing machine, you can resort to a radical method: to completely remove the cuffs, and wash the part in the pelvis using special substances, rag and brush. When it dries, attach back.
Get rid of dirt and dust
Quickly and most importantly clean the washing machine from dirt is not easy. To begin with, consider the simplest and cheap remedy. soda.
- In the usual food soda add some water to form a casczyce.
- Using a conventional kitchen sponge, we appline a porridge from soda to a polluted rubber laying of a washing machine and leave so about half an hour.
- After that, we turn on the car rinsing mode and everything is washed off.
To remove the entered mud on a sealing gum, a substance based on chlorine will exceed.
- First you need to clear surface contamination with a damp cloth.
- Gently beaten the edges of the gum and go through it with a sponge with a chemical age.
- Next, we close the door of the machine and leave for half an hour.
- We launch washing without linen for washing the washing machine.
Rubber Material is soft, so you need to be careful. For unlocking pollution, you do not need to use aggressive tools, you can wash the gum with a sponge dishwashing agent. It will give a pleasant fragrance cuff and fresh look.
Also a natural, but very effective means for cleaning simple contaminants from the washing machine cuffs, this is a common economic soap, it is better to use liquid or grated.
- Mix in the same dish chip of the household soap, a couple of droplets for washing dishes and a few drops of whiteness.
- Add to this composition of water and fasten well.
- Put foam to the entire cuff and leave for a couple of hours, after which turn on the idle wash mode and rinse twice.
- At the very end, rubber must be wiped with a dry well absorbing cloth.
There is also a special liquid gel for cleaning machine machines, you can buy it at any household chemical store.
Prevention of pollution
So that the sealing gum remains clean as long as possible, you need:
- Before washing, carefully examine the s of clothes, taking out coins, paper, shaking down small litter.
- Use quality detergent, strictly observing the dosage.
- After the end of washing the door to leave the open, and the sealing rubber wipe dry.
- Use the water heating mode up to 60 or higher degrees no less than 30 days.
- Add water softener when washed or put a special filter.
We also recommend reading: how to clean the boiler (water heater), step-by-step instruction
Dirt, limestick and mold gradually destroy the sealing rubber, reducing the service life of the machine. In order not to have the need to replace the details, it should take care regularly. Cleaning the cuff does not take much time, and you can even remove contaminants.
Top 5 Chemical Extensions for cleaning rubber parts
If folk remedies do not help, it’s time to turn to special economic preparations. Top 5 products remove mold or fungus quickly, for a long time and inexpensively.
Universal remedy removing mold, various varieties of harmful microorganisms, as well as an unpleasant smell. Hg is more often used to clean the tile, but it is suitable for rubber and silicone products.
Combination of affordable price and efficiency, make a tiret very popular tool for cleaning the washing machine from mold or fungus.
Blanedas refers to the category of professional chemistry. Like Hg, it is more often used to clean the tiles and tiles, but can be applied to the rubber seal.
How to Remove Mold on Washing Machine Rubber Gasket | Baking Soda, Vinegar, Peroxide, Bleach
Good, high-quality agent at an affordable price.
- Purplify the contents of one DR package. Beckmann right in the drum washing machine,
- Enable Rinse Mode,
- After the end of the work is high and dry, wipe the inner surface of the drum.
Cheap, but high-quality tool for removing mold and fungus. In addition to cleansing also has a disinfecting effect.
Application of household chemicals
Manufacturers are constantly expanding the line of funds aimed at combating mold in the rubber bands of washing machines, but the housewives assure that “Domasetos” copes with the problem. Apply a solution to the surface of the gum, then wipe it well with a sponge. If you do not get rinsed all the folds. remove the cuff.
“White” can also wash the gum if adhere to our instructions:
- Remove as much pollution with a wet napkin.
- Moisten a sponge to the tool, wipe the cuff from the inside.
- Wipe the drum washing machine.
- Close the door, wait half an hour.
- Turn on the washer in rinsing mode.
It is possible that in the launched cases will have to repeat the procedure, but more often “whiteness” copes with mold on the rubber band from once.
The techniques are chosen according to the nature of pollution. If the first time to get rid of dirt will not work, repeat the procedure.
From dirt residues
To get rid of dirt, yellow spots, take the means to which chlorine includes. Moisten the microfiber napkin in warm water, wash the gum. Then remove the edges of the design and remove the fine garbage, dust from the inside of the element. Apply a means for washing on a wet sponge, then process the item outside and inside. So that the procedure is more efficient, close the machine and leave for 30 minutes.