Is it possible to defrost the freezer with a hairdryer
Perhaps this method is the most popular, it is necessary to include on a warm blowing mode and bring to ice. Despite many questions to use this method and need to quickly work. But the experiment may accidentally end the breakfast of the hair dryer or overheating it. In the worst case, water will fall on the housing and will lead to a closure. Using the hair dryer practices most housewives.
Important! Use the hair dryer is extremely rare, only in emergency cases.
Why don’t you defrost a fridge hairdryer?
Usually people defrost the refrigerator traditionally: just remove all the products from it, disconnect from the mains and leave open until the whole lot is melted, and the water does not stalk into a special container. However, some people prefer to find any extraordinary ways to defrost the refrigerator as quickly as possible. So, in recent times, a method was particularly popular in which a hairdryer was used. You can really get rid of all faster from it, just no one thinks about how much dangerous method is dangerous.
First, the high temperature of the air flows emanating from the hair dryer harms the details. If you use too hot air or not to take into account the desired distance between several electrical devices, then many parts and knots of the refrigerator can fail. In the end, you will have to additionally spend money on its repair. Still, the technique did not do so that from its walls could be removed. Therefore, to save their money and time it is better to resort only to a reliable traditional way.
Read also: How to Clean Down Down: Useful Tips and Proven Methods
If water drops fall on the body of the hair dryer, and even at all on its open areas, or get to the wiring, at best, the device will simply stop working. At worst. it turns around, because of what the person who keeps him can hit the current. Water drops can get into a hairdryer at any time. Even if the wire of the hair dryer lies in a small puddle, this may also cause terrible consequences. In order not to risk your life, it is better to refuse to alternatively use a hair dryer.
If the hair dryer will work for too long, he is too warm up, which will lead to his breakdown. In the worst case, the electrical appliance can be completely out of order, which is why they will have to buy a new. In this situation, saving 1-2 hours is to subsequently nervous because of the incident and spend money on the purchase of a new hair dryer? Such an apparatus is not intended to die with it refrigerator.
Read also: What plants are best suitable for the windowsill in different parts of the apartment
Direct hot air flows adversely affect the rubber inserts used on all the doors of the refrigerator for their dense adjustment to the main case. Under their impact, the deformation and drying of rubber. As a result, in the future, the ice will be formed inside the refrigerator at times more often, because its doors will not close tightly, providing uninterrupted new air in the technique. What to avoid this, the device is worth keeping at a distance of at least 25 cm from the walls of the refrigerator. At the same time, air flows directly across the entire area of the chambers, not a second, not holding the hair dryer towards the rubber gasket.
And you defrost the refrigerator traditionally, or with a hair dryer?
What is a drip defrosting of the refrigerator
In the aggregates equipped with the auto-sorce system, the “wet cold” is supported, which allows you to retrieve various types of products.
Automatic defrost occurs as follows: The layer of ice is converted to condensate and, passing through the walls of the unit, accumulates in the liquid collection compartment.
This feature allows you to save time and effort when caring for equipment, however, in the event of a breakdown, the owners will have to lay out an impressive amount for repairs.
How to quickly defrost the freezer?
Conducting preparatory work
It is important to carefully clean the residues of food so as not to provoke an unpleasant smell in the freezer.
Before defrosting the freezer in the refrigerator, you need to unload out of it all products. To prevent verification of the supplies, we advise you to carry out this procedure in winter, when part of the products can be reached on a cold balcony.
Also, the defrosting of the refrigerator is a great reason to establish relationships with the neighbors (ask to leave some of the food in their “Home Plant”) or arrange a noisy holiday for family and relatives with a mountain variety of dishes from “freshlywasted” products.
There are other options to keep semi-finished frozen form. For example, folded the products into a huge pan and leave in the pelvis (or other capacitance of suitable sizes) filled with icy water. Or put supplies into a thermobacket interspersed with cloths filled with ice cubes. Then leave it in a cool place away from solar and other rays.
For storage of food, it is advisable to use food film, foil and plastic containers with hermetic lids.
Thermopacket is sold in almost any economic store. But if you do not have time, it can be replaced with foil polyethylene or other reflective insulating material that you have at hand.
The refrigerator should be connected to a separate outlet with high-quality grounding, without any intermediate extension agent.
Having understood with the supplies, it’s time to prepare your refrigerator to the main process. If you are the owner of an old model with a uninstalled tank for a melt liquid. put a towel or newspaper sheet below the device. Otherwise you have to wash not only the refrigerator, but also floors.
Modern models, as a rule, this measure is not required. Excess water in new refrigeration devices merges into a special reservoir behind the device.
To avoid the formation of a large ice layer and maintain power consumption at a low level, the freezer is recommended to defrost once or twice a year.
Defrosting and washing of technology (Lifehaki to accelerate the process)
After the preparatory work came an hour to move to the main task. Turn off the refrigerator, remove the cord from the outlet. Do not forget to put the temperature on 0 degrees. After opening the door of the freezer, Flash will gradually begin to melt.
The natural process of melting occupies from 3 to 10 hours, depending on the number of stirring “snow”.
In the absence of desire and the ability to wait so much time, you are presented with some simple and accessible ways, how to quickly defrost the freezer:
- Place the saucepan with boiling water inside the freezer. To prevent plastic damage, put a wooden board under the saucepan. Using water to add new boiling water. An hour later, the ice should start to throw off.
- Check the heater or fan near the refrigerator. Install the fan heater so that there is no melt water. In addition, hot air should not be directed directly to the rubber seal so as not to spoil it.
- Fill the usual pulverizer with warm water and start spraying the walls of the freezer. The effect of the “hot soul” will be noticeable after 15 minutes.
- Is it possible to defrost a refrigerator with a hairdryer? Answer. yes, if you observe some precautions. Do not hold a hairdryer at a distance closer than 20-30 cm from the walls of the camera. In addition, as in a lifehake with a heater, you do not need to direct the flow of dry air to the rubber gasket. It is necessary to distribute heat as much as possible.
Important! Remember the safety regulations for electrical appliances and watch the water drops on the hairdryer!
When the refrigerator is finally “melted”, you can proceed to clean. Remove Talu Water and Testales with Rag. Then proceed to washing the walls, shelves and instrument containers.
After the walls of the refrigerator completely reset a snowy “fur coat”, it follows close to the cleaning of internal and external surfaces.
Conclusions and useful video
Methods defrosting many. We offer video footage that will clearly demonstrate how to properly accelerate the thawing. Proper refrigerator defrost and subsequent maintenance:
Ultra-speed defrost with a multiple saucepan with hot water:
If you do not “start” the refrigerator and monitor its technical condition, the whole procedure for its defrosting and cleaning will take no more pair of hours.
To the chambers are not covered with ice, store food in sealed packages and special containers. Then products for a long time will remain fresh, and when the device defrosts, there will be no difficulty.
Trying to defrost your refrigerator, but you have problems? Describe in detail your situation in the Comment Block, and our experts will try to help you.
If you use the author’s method of safe defrost and want to share with other users, tell us about it below this article.
Methods of fast defrost
To correctly defrost the refrigerator, it should be started with the preparatory procedures:
- Disconnect the equipment from the network, put forward a little forward. The door must be open.
- Clean the camera inside products. the device must remain completely empty.
- Pull out drawers, shelves, trays and other removable items.
- Put under the holes of the drain of melt water, suitable containers (pans, cups, pelvis). On the floor you can set the pallet or put a large well absorbing rag.
Refrigerator It is recommended to leave for several hours, better night. While defrosting the freezer, take care of cleaning: spend the product revision, wash all drawers and shelves with a sponge.
Important ! Periodically check the bowls where water will flock and press the rags.
After all the water is glass, remove the extra moisture dry wind, wash the cooling compartment walls and freezer. Now you can put the shelves in place, load the products and turn on the refrigerator into the outlet.
B&M TRIP | DEFROSTING MY FREEZER WITH MY HAIR DRYER | DAILY VLOG
Important ! Do not clog the cameras before failure if there are many products. first download 30-40%, after 3-4 hours add another third, after 3-4 hours.
To quickly defrost the refrigerator, you can use one of 5 ways to speed up the process:
- Feng. The supply of warm (not hot!) Air from a distance of 25-35 cm significantly accelerates thawing.
- Hot water saucepan. It is advisable not to use boiling water, the temperature must be ~ 90c. Capacity put on the board right inside the camera when the water cools. change. It will be time to repeat 3-5 times.
- Warmer. Warm rubber pear helps to defrost refrigerator faster. To do this, it is enough to pour water into it and put in the chamber.
- Spray. Hot water is poured into the sprayer and begin to splash on the ice: after 10-15 minutes, he can start to pick up pieces.
- Special spray. On sale you can find compounds intended for this problem: they not only quickly eliminate the surface from ice, but also eliminate smells, kill bacteria.
You can use in two ways in two ways: for example, put the heating and blow dryer.
Why it is formed to go out and what will happen if it is not removed?
The reasons for the formation of ice crust are several, consider the main:
- Frequent door opening, long retention in open state.
- Worn seals leading to a lack of tightness.
- Cooling warm or hot dishes in a refrigeration, freezer.
- Incorrect temperature setting (too low).
- Technical malfunction (compressor overload, capillary break, valve breakdown).
In the latter case, the refrigerator is not enough, it should be repaired, because the formation of a land is only a symptom, and not the root of the problem.
What will happen if not thawing on time?
- High humidity can cause mold, fungus, unpleasant odor. There are products stored here, just dangerous.
- Snowy growths reduce the volume of refrigeration and freezer compartments, interfere with the tight of the door.
- Finding may damage the compressor, because due to the wrong operation of the temperature sensors, it can work without a break. which leads to breakage. In the opposite case (when thermoelements inform the lower temperature), there will be no compressor, and it will be warm in the refrigerator. the products will simply be ruled.
How to defrost a refrigerator
Our experienced team of editors and researchers who checked it for accuracy and completeness participated in the creation of this article.
The Wikihow Content managers team carefully monitors the operation of the editors to ensure that each article is compliance with our high quality standards.
The number of views of this article: 19 077.
Over time, a thick layer of ice may appear in the refrigerator. It reduces its effectiveness, increases electricity bills and, moreover, you are harder to put and remove products from it. Follow this instruction to find out how quickly and painlessly defrost the refrigerator. Just start from the first step!
Disconnect the refrigerator. The disconnection of the refrigerator will avoid using a significant amount of energy during the defrosting process. If you fold all cold food in one place, it should keep it frozen until you handle your task.
Maximum empty refrigerator. Remove from it as much food as possible. Some products are frozen in the freezer. So that they do not melted, clog products in a towel and put in a refrigerator bag or an isolated box. Keep them in the coldest area of your home and away from sunlight.
Pull the shelves, trays and drawers. Put them aside for cleaning. If they are covered with ice, do not pull through force. You can break them.
Prevent the formation of puddles. Put old newspapers around the foundation of refrigerators. they will watch the water when the ice melts. Old newspapers are ideal for this purpose, as they are easy to push under the fridge and they absorb water very well. Put technical napkins on them that will take on the bulk of water.
- Wait until the ice melts. Just let the time that ice melted naturally. The process can go slowly, especially if you live in a location with a cold climate, but this is the safest option.
- Use a hairdryer. Using the refrigerator defrost hair dryer is almost safe if you do some major precautions. Get away from the puddles with water and keep the hair dryer and its wire away from water and ice. Also do not bring the end of the hair dryer too close to the coils or walls of the refrigerator, since hot air can damage them. Simultaneously concentrate on one small area.
- Use fan. The use of a conventional fan will help to direct the flow of warm air into the refrigerator, but this method works only if in your home is relative.
- Put the bowls or saucepans with hot water on the shelves of the refrigerator. A common way to accelerate the process is to install bowls or boiling water pans on the shelf or the roof of the refrigerator and close the door. Couples must weaken the ice, which will allow you to remove it in 20 minutes (if you defrost regularly). However, this method can damage the shelves. In order to insure as much as possible from damage, put a thick towel under the campus with boiling water.
- Use hot spatula. Take a metal spatula and heat it on fire. Perhaps you will need to wear a mitten for the oven. Then simply press the spatula on the ice to split it.
- With hot fabric. You can use a rag moistened in hot water to melt a piece of ice. Focus on small pieces at the edges, grabbing ice slices rag to remove them.
Remove ice along. Accelerate the process by removing ice with hand, cloth or spatula as soon as it starts to fit. Do not use sharp objects (for example, pick or knife) to split a piece of ice. By this you can damage the refrigerator or even cause a gas leakage.
Wipe all the water. Use technically napkins to wipe the water that remains. So that the water is not spread across the kitchen, fold the wet napkins in a bucket or sink.
Wash the refrigerator. Take the opportunity to wash the refrigerator if you did not do this long time.
Before turning on the refrigerator, dry it. Dry the refrigerator as much as possible with a napkin or a hair dryer before turning it on. This will prevent the appearance of ice in the near future.
- Apply oil on the rubber door seal of the refrigerator and the freezer so that all grooves are lubricated. This will prevent the rubber seal drying from time to time and will provide a strong seal with a closed door. Immediately after lubrication, there will be drums in those places where the doors come into contact with the housing of the refrigerator, but wiped them only a few times, you will see that the oil is absorbed into rubber seals and the problem with the drips will disappear. Use more viscous oil, for example, olive, so you reduce the number of traps.
Split refrigerator more often. For the future, do not wait too long to defrost the refrigerator. Regular defrosting of the refrigerator with ice layer in 6 mm will make the process faster, and also prevents product damage.