Is it possible to put hot in the refrigerator?
There are two housewife camps: Some cool boors on the stove and only then put in the refrigerator, while others can put a saucepan in the refrigerator almost immediately after cooking. Because it’s time to walk. Or sleep. So need to cool hot food at room temperature or not? We understand.
For damage to food, the bacteria that have fallen into the saucepan of the environment. They are poorly multiplied while the meal temperature is above 60 ° C, but at temperatures closer to room (21 ° C) they are very comfortable. According to the management of sanitary supervision of food quality and medicines (FDA), in such conditions the number of microbes in food doubles every 20 minutes! And therefore, as soon as the freshly prepared or preheated dish ceases to go, it turns into a cozy incubator for pathogenic microbes.
In the cold, the reproduction of bacteria slows down, and the lower the temperature. the longer the food can be stored. The same FDA believes that the optimal temperature in the refrigerator should be about 4 ° C. The department advise to remove food into the refrigerator in the first two hours after cooking. If you have too hot at home (above 30 ° C), waiting time is reduced to one hour.
Logic is this: for two o’clock, food reaches room temperature, and in the refrigerator for four hours. to a temperature of 4-5 ° C. Experts believe that if the food stood on the stove for longer than two hours and did not cool down to 21 ° C, it must be heated again to 74 ° C for 15 seconds and cool. Either throw away.
So, food needs to be removed in the refrigerator as soon as possible.
The principle of operation of the refrigerator is as follows. it does not produce cold, and selects heat. That is, cooling the inner space, it takes its heat energy. And gives it through the radiator on the back wall.
If you put a warm or hot food in the refrigerator, the amount of heat in it increases sharply. Accordingly, it must be taken from the camera and move outward. And it increases the load on it.
Is it possible to put hot food to the refrigerator. depends on the situation. If necessary, then yes. But remove hot in the refrigerator. it means to harm not only to him. We will tell about it below. Read carefully and do not make mistakes!
Additional cons storage of hot meals in the refrigeration chamber
Problems with the work of the refrigerator and expensive repair. these are not all reasons why you can not put hot in the refrigeration chamber or freezer. Sharp temperature difference badly affects food taste.
Good hostesses The rule is known that it is impossible to re-freeze meat and other products. Frozen products lose taste. Approximately the same happens with food that is subjected to a sharp difference in temperature.
Some products, such as chicken, are not recommended to warm up again after cooking. On the dairy soups are formed a nonappicing film. Sauces are stratified, because of which their taste and consistency deteriorate. Other examples can also be given when products only suffer due to a sharp temperature difference.
Troubles happen and dishes. Glass and ceramic makes a very bad temperature difference. If you put a cup with boiling water in the refrigerator, then cracked on it will appear through several such “attempts. It will become fragile and breaks at the first fall from a small height. There may be a sensitive frying pan, which cracks and ceases to perform their functions.
In the recommendations of the Ministry of Agriculture for Food Safety, it is indicated that hot residues of food should be placed in the refrigerator within 2 hours after preparation or extraction from the device for cooking. and 1 hour, if the temperature is above 32 ° C (6).
On average, the remaining products can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days or freeze for 3-4 months (6).
Here are other ways that you can guarantee that your food residues will be safe for use (7):
- Cook safe. To avoid the growth of bacteria during storage, meat and fish it is important to prepare at the appropriate internal temperature.
- Enjoy fast. To quickly bring hot residues to a temperature of 4 ° C, use an ice bath for soup cooling, divide large amounts of products in a saucepan into smaller parts and store products in shallow containers.
- Good customized. Keep the residues of food in sealed containers or cover them to avoid the growth of bacteria and odors of other products.
- Use the top regiment. Keep the residues of food on the upper shelves of the refrigerator, not forgetting to eat those dishes that you put in the refrigerator to avoid damage and waste. Keep old residues ahead, and fresh. rear.
To safely store hot residues, quickly cool them, divide into smaller tanks and put it in a refrigerator for 2 hours after cooking. Keep them in the refrigerator no more than 3-4 days.
Cool products quickly and right
Each hostess must be able to correctly and quickly cool the heated food if it became necessary to put not yet cooled food in the refrigeration chamber.
Several non-hard ways will allow you to quickly cool any dish and maintain the efficiency of household appliances:
- Milk Milk can be quickly cooled right in the jar if you bite it with a lid and put under a jet of running cold water for a few minutes. After that, you can safely put it in the refrigerator and be sure that it will not deteriorate and will not get a shaft smell. So you can cool the compote or any other warm drink.
- Just cooked soup in winter easily cool on the balcony or loggia, as well as on the windowsill under the open window. Cold air will quickly reduce the temperature of the dishes and food. Just need to not forget to put a stand under the hot. This is especially true if the windowsill plastic.
- In summer, the fastest cooling will be if the saucepan is placed in a shallow pelvis with cold water. To speed up the process, it is possible to put the cold water in the pelvis in the pelvis, which will exhibit warming water and thereby accelerate cooling.
- You can throw on the warm dishes twisted several times a towel moistened with cold water.
- In some apartments in the kitchen there is a locker window under the window, where in winter it is placed with a hot dish capacity for fast cooling.
- Frying pan and frying are made of thick-walled metal, long retain a warm dish. At the end of cooking, it is recommended to lay out the finished product into a thin-walled pan, and the cooling process will be noticeably accelerated.
Advice! You can not cool the dish, but, on the contrary, place it hot in a thermal container, thermos or thermosum. Then it will continue warm to return the owners, and it will not be necessary to warm it.
The heart of the refrigerator is a compressor (some called the engine). It is the most important and expensive element. In the inverter refrigerators, it works constantly, but at low speed. In the non-reactor it periodically turns on and off. It is necessary to maintain the desired temperature.
When, due to hot food, the temperature in the refrigerator chamber rises, the compressor starts working with greater intensity. Depending on the type of refrigerator and the capacity of the compressor, it can last 1 to 3 hours.
At this time, the compressor is exposed to high load. Accordingly, it flashes faster, which can significantly affect his service life. For example, if the conventional refrigerator compressor works continuously within an hour, it will reduce its total work resource for 6-8 hours.
In addition, the following may happen from a sharp increase in load:
- Breaking light bulb;
- Due to elevated temperature, a freon highway may occur;
- In NO Frost systems, fans may fail;
- Because of the overheating of Freon, the refrigerator will consume a lot of electricity, but bad cool products.
And other products like this?
If the food managed to cool to room temperature, then the rest of the pots will not be against such a neighbor. But from something carapping in standing nearby tanks can boil life again. If a saucepan with soup is too hot or large, it will cool down for quite a long time. This may lead to an increase in the temperature of the other residents of the refrigerator and place them in a dangerous temperature zone.
So as not to give the bacteria chance, make a few small dishes from one big dish. The gigantic saucepan of borscht swollen into several saucepans less, and lay the potatoes with meat through containers. Shallow and small containers with hot food you can immediately install in the refrigerator.
To speed up the cooling process of a large saucepan with a soup, it can be placed in the sink with ice water and stir from time to time.
First of all, opponents of hot food placing in the refrigerator declare that food with a sharp effect of cold air will deteriorate. In fact, the situation is completely opposite, because the bacteria spoil food.
These bad microorganisms are poorly multiplied in a hot medium, but they feel great at room temperature. And when steam ceases to go from the pan, it becomes an excellent brought for bacteria. And the lower the temperature, the harder it is to survive microorganisms and the slower the food is spoiled.
Therefore, for example, in Canada, even the Ministry of Health recommends placing any products in the refrigerator in the first 2 hours after culinary processing. It is still assumed that hot food in the refrigerator does not affect other products, speeds them with damage. In fact, even a large saucepan with hot soup will not be able to raise the temperature so that the rest of the products deteriorate.
Fridge is Warm but Freezer is Cold? DIY Repair
Another thing is that a big hot food package will cool slowly, which will give bacteria chance for survival. Therefore, for a long storage of the same soup, it can be poured over several glass banks and put in the refrigerator.
It was also believed that hot food could simply break the refrigerator itself, so it should be cooled at room temperature first. over, such recommendations were given even manufacturers of refrigerators themselves. But such a problem is relevant only for old devices that do not possess the automatic thawing system. If you put hot food in such a refrigerator, then by the selection of steam inside the air will increase. It can really disrupt the operation of the sensors, which will lead to temperature drops. But in modern refrigerators, others are not formed thanks to the automatic thawing system. The most famous of these. no frost.
Therefore, hot food will definitely can’t harm neither the rest of the products nor the refrigerator, and herself in the cold environment will remain fresh. Another thing is that electricity consumption will increase. Therefore, for example, leaning Europeans prefer to cool food or on the windowsill, or in the cold water basin with ice. But here everyone decides, as he is better.