An unpleasant smell in the washing machine: the causes of the smell and ways to eliminate it
In the design of the washing machine there are places where water is stared. It is there that prefers the colonies of bacteria, mold fungi. Accumulations of microorganisms and contribute to the fact that freshly washed underwear ceases to be bolted with freshness, and it smells absolutely not purity from the drum.
What to do if an unpleasant smell appeared in a washing machine. how to get rid of it? First find out what actions provoke the problem.
How to make a scale and what it is dangerous?
Another inevitable problem during operation of any device that is associated with water contact is the formation of scale. If you have a boiler with an open or “wet” pen, then you probably know this phenomenon.
Scale. these are solid deposits, which are formed on the surfaces of the elements that are directly in contact with water and ensure heating it. The reasons for the formation of such a plaque are several:
- The most basic is a very poor water quality that contains many different impurities and components. In some regions or areas, water can be softer, in others. too hard. In water there are salts of magnesium and calcium, which are the most malicious for the Tan and the washing machine tank. When the water is heated, the salts of these minerals fall into the precipitate and form solid deposits;
- In addition to impurities in the water itself, various chemical additives in washing powders have a detrimental effect;
- Also, scale is formed very quickly when operating the machine in the “intensive wash mode”.
You can get rid of scale in two ways. And best use them in the complex. But first of all, you need to appreciate how appropriate it is now. To do this, try to consider, in what condition is the heating element through the holes of the drum. To do this, shine in the holes and rotate the drum. How quickly it is better to do, you will understand in the process. If characteristic sediments on the surface are visible, consistently perform two types of cleaning:
- Mechanical. Is a very effective way. But for this you need to well explore the device of your device and you can disassemble it without sad consequences. After you get to the Tan and more clearly appreciate the scale of the tragedy, you will need to remove the solid flight. Use knives, screwdrivers, files and other technician tools for these purposes, which can be left on the surface of scratches, is extremely recommended. It is better to use a sponge with a solid layer, fine-grained emery paper;
- After that, to remove the remains of scale, soak the TEN in a solution of vinegar or citric acid for several hours, then clean the toothbrush and rinse with clean water. Also with the help of these two products, you can clean the machine and without resorting to its disassembly, but about it a little later. I would also like to clarify what exactly the excessive accumulation of scale on the heating element is dangerous:
- The level of heat transfer tubes, which are called ane, are noticeably reduced due to the increment of plaque on their surface. This leads to a slower heating of water;
- As a consequence, to achieve a given temperature, the typewriter requires much longer time, which naturally entails an increased consumption of electricity;
- A large load, which is to be at the TEN in such work, will lead to its emergency breakdown and the need to replace;
- And as we already find out. the formation of scale can cause an unpleasant odor.
- An excellent method of preventing the formation of scale is the installation of a magnetic filter. This small device is attached to the water supply hose and forms a constant magnetic field. When the machine is filled with water, passing through the formed field, it changes its structure. As a result, impurities are destroyed and not settled on the inner surfaces. The cost of such a device is quite high, however, its service life reaches 50 years, which fully justifies the cost.
How to remove the appeared shaft in the washing machine
You need to wipe all visible pollution inside the drum and detergent compartment. Often in the rubber band forces mucus or darkening. All this needs to be washed using a chlorine or other detergents.
After the mechanical cleaning of the compartment for the powder and the air conditioner of the gum and the walls of the drum, the unpleasant smell will disappear, but after a few styrics in the cold water it will return.
Generously pour powder into a special compartment. It can be supplemented with specialized means for washing machines. Not loading underwear, turn on the most long wash at the highest temperature (95 ° C). Such boiling drum will help clean it from settled inside bacteria.
Use of vinegar
In medicine, the vinegar is advised to handle fungi, since the alkali effectively affects the development of malicious microorganisms. In the salvation of the washer from mold and sharpness will help half a cup of vinegar, filled into the container for air conditioning and powder.
Experts advise do it not immediately. First you need to set the cotton washing mode to the highest temperature, wait until the first water comes from the drum, and then pour vinegar into the car.
It helps to bring the unpleasant smell and return the work of the machine for the old silent. Lemonic acid will first of all clean the elements from scale, which also leads to the formation of an unpleasant fragrance.
5 citric acid bags need to be covered in the compartment instead of powder and turn on the washing mode at a temperature not lower than 90-95 ° C. At the end of the process, it is necessary to clean the gum of the seal and the drum from small pieces of scale. You will be surprised how much garbage was inside your “helper”.
6 Tablets need to be placed in the drum (not in the powder compartment!) and turn on the washing mode of the hottest water without loading into the drum underwear. In the middle of the procedure, you need to suspend the washing process (if there is no such function, you can simply turn off the washer). Boiling water with dissolved chemistry should “brush” in the drum around 3 hours.
Tips for preventing the emergence of the smell of damp
Most often we ourselves create a problem, and then begin to fight with her. Problems with washing machines often arise due to non-compliance with many rules.
- Dirty underwear need to be stored in a well-ventilated basket or any other container. Do not write down the dirty (and sometimes even wet) clothes in the drum of a washing machine, otherwise the smell of dampness will not disappear even after washing.
- After the washing process, do not close the lid and powder compartment: everything must be trimmed well. It is advisable to rub a rag of the bottom of the drum (especially after washing with cold water). There can be muddled with clothes.
- Do not save on powders and air conditioners. The poor-quality product can lead to the development of fungus and mold and the formation of scale.
- Once every six months need to get rid of scale. Do not necessarily call masters for this operation. It is possible to clean the washing machine at home, prepare a special mixture: 4 lemon acid packets mix with a half cup of vinegar.
How to bring an unpleasant fragrance from the washing machine and not spoil the equipment
Get on the mail once a day one readable article. Join us in and
Almost all housewives faced the problem of an unpleasant fragrance from the machine machine. The smell not only spoils the impressions of the use of household appliances, but also passed to the postgraded things. Novate.RU will tell you how to eliminate maliciousness and prevent its appearance.
Causes of smell
If you get a rubber overlay between the drum and the door, you will see a lot of interesting /
The main causes of bad fragrance. The formation of mold, which multiplies in the crude environment, or incorrect treatment of equipment.
If you regularly wash on the economical program, where water does not heat up to 90 degrees, the fungus quickly spreads the typewriter.
After completion of the washing, leave the door open for a couple of hours so that the remnants of moisture evaporated. It is also necessary to wipe the dry rubber lining, which is between the door and the drum. If you neglect this step, over time, the item rotches or in it will begin to multiply the mold.
Do not store dirty clothes in anticipation of washing. There are enough pathogenic microorganisms that can cause fungus and unpleasant flavors.
The use of poor-quality powder or air conditioner is fraught with the fact that substances are poorly washed out of the drum. If they are not removed, a specific smell will appear. We regularly wash the compartment for liquid and bulk funds, otherwise the firing film is formed on the container.
Scored hose. Over time on the walls of the element there is a washing agent or trash. As a result, they begin to refuse or be covered by mold, because of what a shaft aroma appears. Regularly check the condition of the hose and periodically rinse it with warm water. In extreme cases. Replace new.
The filter is also exposed to garbage and other contaminants. Do not forget to shoot it and rinse in warm water, so as not to arrange a female fungus there.
Household chemicals to remove odor from the machine
Calgon. The tool softens the water and protects household appliances from scale and lime plates.
“Chistan-automatic”. Budget and efficient drug that neutralizes scale and unpleasant fragrance.
Tiret. Chlorine-containing agent is used to clean the sewage and disposal. Neutralizes odors and has an antibacterial effect.
DOCTOR TEN. The substance removes a lime flare, mold and residues of undisputed washing agents from the cavity of the machine.
“Numbers Effect 2 in 1”. Eliminates scale on the heating element of household appliances. Can be used for prevention.
Refine. Household chemicals with a low cost reliably protect the typewriter from lime.
Folk methods to eliminate sinual
If the smell only appeared, thoroughly wash the machine with a dish and liquid soap. Wipe the technique inside and outside, and after leave the door open to complete drying.
Take old things that are not afraid to spoil or white linen, requiring washing at high temperatures. Install the hot water program and start the typewriter. To enhance the effect, add a bit of vinegar to the compartment to disinfect the system.
Clean the machine with copper vigor. Make a solution of 1 g of powder and half of a glass of water. Fill the resulting tool in the drum, place the program with a high temperature and start the washing. After a day, keep the door open.
You can clean the typewriter and idle wash. Run the program with the maximum temperature. Instead of powder, use 50 ml of “whiteness” or a capsule for cleaning dishwashers. When washing ends, run rinsing.
Soda and citric acid will get rid of contamination and disinfected the system. Fill 1 h in powder compartment.L. Soda and lemon acid bag. Set high temperature and turn on washing.
How to prevent the emergence of an unpleasant fragrance
Check the clothes before washing and shaking garbage from s. Even the smallest crumbs and vile can cause an unpleasant odor.
Fat and oily spots better pre-lay. The fact is that the stainstresses are not always activated during washing and can just settle on the walls of the drum.
If you plan a few styrends in a row, start the machine after a half-hour break. All this time, the door must be open.
Deliver clothes from the drum as soon as the wash end, otherwise things will start to calm down.
Alternate washing with temperatures up to 40 degrees and high temperature programs. Be sure to float things.
After washing to dryness, wipe the drum, wash and dry the powder container. Clean the filter regularly.
Use only high-quality washafts from proven manufacturers and do not load more / less linen into the machine than the norm allows.
What to do if the washing machine smells rotten due to spoiled sewage
With this problem, it’s not easy to cope with the rest of the reasons. If the unpleasant smell in the zone of the washing machine is associated with the poor operation of the sewer pipe system, then the only output is their replacement. Of course, living in a private house, you will independently be able to take care of communications, but how to be in the apartment?
To eliminate taxes in the stationary sewage system, you must use the chemical household TirretTurbo. It is necessary to work with it strictly according to the instructions that are on the package.
Prevention of the appearance of unpleasant odors in a washing machine
So that the machine worked for a long time and smooth, observe the basic rules of operation. Safety, in such devices it is prohibited to use gasoline. Acetone and other solvents.
Different types of machines have different operating rules, but the overall safety equipment is the same
So that inside the machine does not appear the smell, prevent small items in the filter.
- Before each washing, check your s, pulling all the minor items.
- Use special bags and washing covers (for example, for underwear).
- If there are clashes or other small fittings, button item and remove it inside out, it will prevent the details break.
Do not store dirty linen in a washing machine.
- Things in the car absorb remnants of water, creating a wet medium for breeding bacteria and mold fungi.
- When storing things between washers, the machine is imbued and soon there may be a serious breakdown. a problem with the rotation of the drum. It’s easier to purchase a basket for dirty linen, it is clearly cheaper than a new washing machine.
In the interruptions between the washers, the car must completely dry. This simple admission ensures the safety of parts and long service.
The average life of washing machines. 10 years. To your faithful assistant all this period worked immaculately, it requires regular care: despicable scale, filter cleaning and thorough dryer. In a timely manner, contact the mastery for repair of washing machines. high-quality diagnostics can prevent many problems.
Subscribe to our channel in Yandex.Dzen
How to remove the smell of undergraduate means
In many cases, you can cope with the problem with the help of simple tools that are almost in every home. They are falling asleep in the powder tray in the desired dosage and launch washing. Usually it is enough for the smell evaporated.
This is the easiest and most affordable option. Machine without linen run in the washing mode “Cotton”. Water poured into a drum, where he heats up to 90-95 ° C.
It will come in handy if the mold smell comes from the door seal. It must be properly won it, smoeming a napkin in a solution of 9% of the table vinegar, diluted in water in the ratio of 1:20. Also worth wing drum. And then turn on the machine on the maximum temperature mode. After washing, leave the door open for a few hours so that the tank is completely prosper.
Vinegar can also be used to clean the internal mechanism of the washing machine. In this case, the stripping of acetic essence is poured into a powder tray and include a machine in the “cotton” mode at high temperature.
In the tray you need to pour 3-4 st. L powder and as much acid and turn on washing with maximum temperature without press.
It will be necessary to half a cup of soda and 200-250 ml of water (t.E. Proportions of approximately 1: 2). They are mixed and fall asleep in the air conditioner tray. Then include a typewriter by choosing the “Cotton”. After washing the soda solution, the tank is wiped from the inside and rubber door seal.
The vigor is bred in clear water in the proportion of 1.5 st. l per 1 l of water. Then wet your cotton or flax fabric in this solution and wipe the hatch seal. The remaining mixture is poured into the powder compartment and start the machine in cotton washing mode at 60-95 ° C.
Since acid, soda, copper sipop and vinegar when entering the skin can cause burns and irritation, it is necessary to wear rubber gloves. People prone to allergies need a respirator to protect the respiratory organs.
If the tool did not help the first time, you can repeat the procedure. When and this does not give the desired result, use professional funds or call plumbing.
How To Clean A Smelly Washing Machine With Vinegar And Baking Soda
Prevention of unpleasant odors
The problem is better to avoid than to solve. If you do not wish to constantly fight mold and omelible from the drum, observe simple recommendations:
- Do not leave dirty or wicked underwear in the drum machine;
- After washing, ventilate the unit;
- regularly carry out the prevention of fungi and scale;
- When washing “Pahuchih” things, soaked with fuel and other caustic compositions, first rinse the clothes manually, and then send to the drum;
- Keep track of the quality of powders and washing gels, do not acquire the dubious goods;
- more often erase things at high temperatures, the constant “cold” wash leads to the appearance of fungus;
- With the slightest troubles in the work of the unit, contact your professional help.
Adhering to these rules, you will improve the quality of the machine and extend its service life.
Washing machine of any brand. Miele (Mile), Electrolux (Electrolux), Candy (Candy) or the other, can easily smell the chalk, rot, if you leave the door closed and not to care for the drum.
You need to get rid of the unpleasant smell by moving the machine by making prevention with the help of folk remedies. Or contacting the Master for Repair.
Detection and elimination of even one reason is always more difficult to continuous care. Watch the video, the photo. from the machines you have to remove several liters of scale, dirt. Especially in houses receiving water from a well, well.