Sewing machine confuses the thread from below. Why the sewing machine closes the thread. Methods for troubleshooting
It often happens that the sewing machine after an hour of operation begins to delay the fabric into the hole of the needle plate. This is due to improper movement of the lower (shuttle) thread. In this article we will tell about which factory defects and user actions usually lead to similar problems.
The sewing machine will last longer if every session of the work will be preceded by competent preparation. The preset algorithm below is applicable to most models of famous firms.
- Install the device on a flat and fixed horizontal surface;
- Insert the needle to the needle holder;
- Swipe the upper thread through all the guides, washers and slits;
- Grind the upper thread into the needle ear;
- Moisten the bottom thread on the coil. bobbin;
- Insert the bobbin on the bobbing cap;
- Insert the bobbing cap in the shuttle;
- Pull the lower thread from the shuttle;
- Turn away the top and bottom threads away from the needle;
- Connect the network cable and pedal.
Now the device is ready to work. If you are all done correctly, the probability of jamming of thread and tissue will significantly decrease.
- Too stupid and / or too thick needle that pulls material.
- Problems with a toothed rail: not calibrated the height of the plate with teeth or in the jumper has accumulated a lot of points. But most troubles can bring the faded teeth.
- It is possible and more exotic option: the rail suddenly begins to move the fabric at the moment when the needle has already pushed her. It is unacceptable: eccentric should move the material only when the foot is at the top.
- The material is poorly pressed by the of the needleidel due to a defect or wear of the pressure springs.
- Sole of paws Potrested.
- Burgers appeared on the bobbin.
- The bobbin is not tightly fixed enough.
- Incorrect position of the friction washer of the flywheel.
- Thread tension either too weak or too strong for a specific type of fabric. The thread in this case is entangled to the bottom of the tissue and creates obstacles to motion. If this parameter cannot be changed, then the tension regulator has failed.
- There was a breakdown of the lower thread, because of which it is simply infinitely wound on the bobbin. Looping on the bottom of the material in this case stops.
- Large hole needle plate breaks down. In modern home models, in addition to the straight line, also zigzag. It is for such a line in a needle plate there is a wide rectangular hole. Too thin or elastic fabric easily driven into it with a needle and starts rushing.
Periodically torn the top thread
Incorrectly filled the upper thread of the upper thread refueling scheme, however, errors happen. The thread does not coming between the clamping plates, sometimes it does not start in all attachments along the path of its following. But most often, it is inserted into the needle not on the other side. This is especially characteristic of the old models of sewing machines such as Singer and PMZ.
Special attention to refueling threads should be given when working on overlocks. Hooks of her attachments are not always “in sight” and skipping at least one of them, the overlock will constantly turn the thread.
The upper thread is confused most often this happens when cone bobbins use. Title jerk goes off the coil, released a lot of superfluous. The rest of it is sometimes confused for the bottle and the thread breaks down. Sometimes the reason for this is too strong thread. Reincate, near the coil, typewriter with a liner and skip the thread under it. Such a simple reception will “extinguish” the twisting of the thread and will evenly be supplied to the tensioner.
Too strong tension of the upper thread on this photo is clearly seen as needed to fill the thread into the tensioner, correctly conducting it not only through the plates, but also the compensation spring (curved wire). With the maximum tension (in this example, 9), the thin and continuing thread will necessarily break. With the paw lowered, the thread should stretch out of the tensioner with hand almost freely, only with a little effort. If the machine is poorly sewn, for example, loops, on average tension (4-5), it means that it must be adjusted to the master.
The coil is incorrectly installed, on which the machine tears the thread. this is the use of conical reels and coils designed to work only from a bottle. The bottle is an extra rack for the coils, in which the thread will not be lifted, and up.
The needle stuck or wondered the bell the needles could not immediately notice, but it may be pretty. Not only will turn the thread, but also break the fabric when crossing. Blot or curved needle is easy to determine the sewing machine to appear deaf sound.
Incorrect combination of threads, fabrics and needles. If we sew rough tissues with a thin thread and a thin needle, then any machine will tear not only the upper, but also the bottom thread.
Methods for troubleshooting
Sometimes simple replacement of a stupid needle to acute can completely eliminate clogging. Remember that each type of fabric corresponds to a specific needle number.
If the experienced way was proven that it was not in a needle, it is worth trying to adjust the height of the rail and clear her teeth from the pressed villion. It is important to maximally calibrate its move so that it does not blend into the body too much, but not too highly “emerged” from it. The norm is considered to be the elevation of teeth only in the middle part of the rail. Understand whether this element is working, you can use a test seam on a piece of knitwear.
The hole of the needle plate can be sealed with thin scotch. this will solve the problem of indulging fabric. In addition, it is important to remember that the needle should each time get exactly in the center of the hole of the needle platinum.
If the matter is stuck under the plate, you need to carefully raise the leg, remove the needle and pull over the edge of the piece of material, after which insert the needle back into the carriage.
In the old and budget electrical models, sometimes the pressure sprout of the needle product is not tightened by default. Because of this, the carriage sometimes confuses the thread, cheers and damages the material. Only specialist can replace the spring.
Check if the thread is correct in a bobbing cap. Sew with a weakened lower thread is dangerous due to the possible incorrect movement of moving parts.
The weakening of the shuttle thread regulator will help if during sewing the thread is strongly stretched and almost not moving. To do this, find a small screw and partially to unlock it. Fair and reverse situation if the tension is too weak. Check if the tension is evenly, you must first hand, and then the trial line. Adjusting the tension of the upper thread can also help.
During sewing it is not worth a fanatically pull or push the material with a hand. it can lead not only to the cliff of the thread, but also to closing the working material. Adjust the pressure of the paw onto the working surface and move it smoothly, with a constant speed. Trial stitch before each session session will allow you to determine the adequate point of pushing material.
Of course, there are other malfunctions, periodically arising during the operation of the sewing machine. Wearing details and broken internal nodes cannot be fixed with their own hands without special training. In case of any problems with a shuttle, a needle, or a control unit, we recommend right to contact the service center immediately so that the situation does not come out due to control.
The confusion of the lower threads in the sewing machine is the most common problem of embroidery. It happens for various reasons, but always causes inconvenience. with a line appears a beam of threads and a needle gets stuck in them. Why is it going on and how to fix the situation?
If the top thread forms a loop
As already mentioned, the problem with the upper thread is diagnosed on the loop below. This may be several reasons.
- Insufficient tension of the upper thread. On the body of the machine is the tension disc regulator. Setup must be held with it. It is also important to control whether the size of the needle coincides with the thickness of the thread used.
- The tension regulator was hit by garbage. Over time, the flux from the threads can be stamped between the discs of the regulator, because of which the washers are not pressed to each other quite tightly. Remove the garbage can be brushed or brush with a tight bristle long.
- Redighted the lower thread. You can adjust it according to the algorithm described in the previous section. Screw rotation will be in the opposite direction.
- FROM SPRING SPRINGS BOOKS. If the material from which it is made, begins “shakes”, the thread will be stuck in the jar of metal, and the tension will become uneven. In this case, the item is subject to replace.
- Problems with filamentine. You can see them if you run slowly sewing on a trial flap and trace how the top thread behaves. If it clings to the jar on the thread, it should also be replaced.
Let’s look at the most common causes of the cliff of the threads of the sewing machine. They are actually a lot.
Poor quality of thread
The situation in which the machine is just a victim of circumstances. Inspect the thread: uneven thickness, lumps, knots. all this will tell you that you purchased a bad quality product. Such a thread machine will tear times over.
Therefore, the only way out in this situation is to leave this coil of threads for the handset, and for the typewriter to purchase a new one: with a solid and elastic thread, homogeneous over the entire length.
Problems with needle
- Incorrect installation. Each needle, intended for a sewing machine, has a special groove, stretched over its entire length. Regardless of the brand of the device, this groove should “look” in the same direction as the needle filament guide. If the location is true, the thread freely moves at sewing and does not break. Check that the needle is inserted until the stop is securely secured with the screw. On the correctness of its installation, you will also say the passage of its “nose” next to the recess.
- Brand needle. If in the hole where the thread is inserted, there are sharp edges, it means that every time you sew, the thread will be cut off. So such a needle will have to throw. Also watch the needle is not a curve and have no damage.
- Invalid needle selection. All needles have different thickness. One is well sewing Silk, another. jeans. If you do not take into account this moment and do not change the needle when replacing the fabric, you can also encounter a broken thread.
- Flaws of needle record. If you exploit your sewing machine quite often, without paying attention to the correct installation and centers of the needle, there may be a situation where it will hit the needle plate and scratches it. Over time, these scratches will lead to the fact that during sewing the line will begin to “leave” to the side, the thread will start rushing, the quality of work will worsen.
The only right solution is to install a needle as it should be supposed to be in order to be intended for this hole and did not touch the needle plate.
If the latter is already all in the jar, it is best to replace it before, and then centered the needle
There can also be several fault options.
Improper installation of spring
One of the most common causes of the cliff of the upper thread. the incorrect installation of the spring in the tension regulator. Please note that wide springs curls should be closer to the machine body. Check the ease of its stroke in the axis of the regulator (this is such a carvings such)). There are situations where his slot is unnecessarily clamped with the edge, and the tension is not led by adjusting. Exit from the position: Stick into this slit scum and expand its edges slightly to ensure a more free stroke of the springs.
Incorrect assembly of the tensioner of the upper thread
Different sewing machines have a different device of the tension controller of the upper thread, however, the principle of operation they are the same. When the foot is completely rising, the spring should be “spinning”, weaken the pressure of the pucks and release the thread from the tension. When you collect either disassemble the tensioner, note for yourself that the pusher should be located in the slots of the axis of the regulator, “turning” into your side of the flattened side. The squeezing washer should not be overtaken, the rod. without jazbin. When installing the compensation spring, adjust the optimal pulling force.
Please note that when the foot is completely raised, the washers should squeeze the thread, providing its free stretching. If the tension regulator began to stagger, perhaps the screw that holds it.
You will have to remove the cover on top of the machine, find this screw (from the end) and put in the location of the clips a small piece of tin.
There is no compensation spring in the tensioner
This detail of the sewing machine is responsible for the formation of stitches. If it is not, the upper thread saves, the thread begins to loop, and after it is broken. If you have found such a problem, you will have to disassemble the tensioner and insert the necessary part, after which it is re-installed.
Unfortunately, the above list is not a complete list of reasons for cliff threads in the sewing machine. Consider others.
Stitches passing in line
Incorrectly installed needle often seamstress use instead of household needles industrial. It will definitely lead to stitch defects, including stitches. Household needles have a spoke on the flask, in industrial sewing machines flasks round.
Sewing Machine Tension Issues SOLVED
Insert a needle with a drink is difficult incorrect, but just in case you need to know that the thread will always start from a long groove. Spil flasks is at the same time on the back.
A poor-quality needle bent, rusty, not the size and brand needle, always leads to the appearance of stitches.
Incorrect combination of needles, threads and tissue thread when passing fabric experiences maximum tension. And if the eyelet needles is less than the thread for this thickness, and the fabric is very dense, then the passage of the stitch is guaranteed, and sometimes a thread break.
Under the needle plate, treads and scraps of threads were accumulated, scraps of threads together with oil so seal the conveyor rail cloves that they do not allow to pass into the thread and form a “good” loop to capture shuttle nose. It is best to clean this node with a hard brush for glue.
Cm. Also: Causes of stitch passage on a sewing machine stitch passage from modern cars
What to do if the stitch is not formed
In most cases, it will not work with your own hands to adjust the sewing equipment so that it does not miss the stitches, as it is often necessary to open the device to restore settings and use the tools that only have professionals. But before calling the service, you can do the following:
- Select a needle suitable for your device.
- Check the thickness of the material and accessories, choose consumables for the density of the tissue.
- Use high-quality fibers.
- When sewing knitwear, leather and denim, use specially intended accessories for these purposes.
- If it is planned to sew slippery tissues (for example, nylon), use the thinnest needles.
- Replace a deformed needle on high quality.
- Change the plate if the needle hole is strongly developed.
All other operations should conduct an experienced specialist. He has the necessary knowledge and experience to eliminate these problems. Choose proven companies that provide a guarantee for their services.
Sewing machine works noisily and slowly
Under the needle plate, scraps of the threads were accumulated,
The drive belt is strongly stretched when the electric drive belt is replaced, you pulled it too. Adjust it so that when you press a finger, he will with effort, but slightly fed.
Cm. Also: How the sewing pedal is arranged. Lubrication of sewing machines How to disassemble the sewing machine and replace the electric drive